Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Jessica and I'm certainly not a new cat owner but find myself in a very new situation. I've been in a household with cats (and usually multiple cats) my whole life. Currently I have two, one we (my roommate and I) adopted from a pet store named Vetinari and the second one I just found last week having been thrown out with the trash by one of my neighbors named Benedick. Benedick is the reason I have joined this forum as he is about 4 weeks old (and I'm used to kittens so this isn't a problem), but is also blind and if I'm not mistaken has CH (cerebellar hypoplasia). I've only had him for about a week but he is absolutely adorable, had a trip to the vet right after I got him and he's healthy and other than the fact that I'm pretty positive my vet thinks I need to put him down, but I do live in China and they have a much different idea of the usefullness of cats so I wasn't terribly surprised. Since he is such a young kitten I pretty much joined the forum because I don't have a lot of experience with CH, though I have had blind dogs before and know that most animals act like they would even if they are blind. So I'm hoping while on this forum I can find out a little bit more about how to train a kitten when it suffers from both blindness and CH, of course right now he's still a bit unsure of himself and is still getting over being abandon last week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you care enough to rescue the kitten. I don't know how someone can just throw away a life.
This kitten will grown up and being blind shouldn't be much of an issue if he grows up as such and is kept inside. The CH might be more difficult for him but cats are adaptable and I'm sure a lot of people will be willing to give you much information about taking care of your new kitten. =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts