Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm a new cat owner, 17 years of age with one cat that I got two days ago. She's a sweet little thing, three to four monthes of age, she's very quiet, and loving and being a new owner I'm very worried about her. I adopted her from a rescue center that works out of Petsmart, for the first day that I had her she didn't really eat or drink all that much- mostly she just slept. Which may have been the effect of the booster shot she got. I had to go to school yesterday, and when I came home she was much more active, and still very loving. I did an oops though, because I didn't fill her water bowl she got dehydrated but she was OK after she drank water. But she wont eat or drink if I 'm not home and she just puked on my carpet, and has watery poop, and the rescue people told me to watch out for dark Urine, but I can't distinguish the color and I am very worried! I could really use some help!

·
Super Moderator
26,810 Posts
Is your cat covered by Banfield for 30 days? She should be covered by some kind of vet care for a trial period. I would take her in tomorrow. Kittens can go downhill very fast.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes, take her to the vet ASAP. When you don't quite know what it is going on and she definitely sounds sick, it is much better to get professional assistance than guess and shoot in the dark. Best of luck and keep us posted :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts