Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't think about having to find a new vet now that I'm 45 minutes south of where I was...until Shepherd Book's eye went winky, weepy and weird tonight(acting like he has something in it).

I did some googling and came across a cat only vet just 2 miles from my new apartment. I was reading through their page and came to the links section where she's got links to nutrition sites including many we've got stickied on here regarding the truth about dry food and how wet is better.

One of the reviews on google/yelp talked about a cat who had 5 years history of bladder issues and they came to this vet for a second opinion. She told her to get kitty off dry food and pick a grain free canned without fish. The reviewer was thrilled as it fixed their kitties problems and they switched vets.

As for Book's eye...I flushed it with plain old saline and will repeat that before bed and see how it looks tomorrow morning. If it's no worse I'll flush again and see how it looks after work.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I do not, that's why I just flushed it with saline. I think I realized what happened, when I was feeding them he tried to dart past me into his room just as I stepped through the door and I wound up kicking him. It was hard enough that it left a bruise on my foot. It may have been his face that I kicked...... I don't know. I'll keep an eye on it and if it's no better I'll head to the vet tomorrow after work.

He's had it closed/slitted all night UNTIL I walked in the room a moment ago with cookies and he got that eye pretty wide to stare at my plate.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
He's got a Black eye.
All of my cats have always cried whenever they're in the car and it just kills me, so I always find a vet close to where I live.
I couldn't survive 45 minutes each way of kitty crying.

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Sounds like you may have found a great new vet. Hope you don't have to find out for a long time, though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
We also need to find a new vet having moved also, so I know how you feel. I can only hope we can find one as promising as yours!

I hope little Shep is feeling better soon.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This morning Li'il Spud's eye is fine. All bright and wide open. I flushed it twice more before bed and the last time was just a precautionary measure as it already looked almost 100% at that time. It was good it happened I guess. Nothing serious and easily cleared up but a reminder to hunt down a vet.

I did call the vet anyway. I have an appointment(without any cats)this afternoon to look over the office and talk to the vets. Only two of three will be there tonight, but that should give me a feel if I like them. I'd like to see them handle a few cats before I give them my own to handle.

I know, obsessive and over protective mom.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I did call the vet anyway. I have an appointment(without any cats)this afternoon to look over the office and talk to the vets. Only two of three will be there tonight, but that should give me a feel if I like them. I'd like to see them handle a few cats before I give them my own to handle.

I know, obsessive and over protective mom.
That's actually a really good idea!

Glad he's all better. :wiggle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts