Cubed Turkey
Sliced Turkey
Minced Turkey
Cubed Salmon
Sliced Salmon
Cubed Chicken
Sliced Chicken

No ingredient listing yet.

The bad news...3 oz cans only. Will probably retail around $1.19-1.29 per can. Look for a $.99 intro special.

Also...start looking to your independent stores for a Buy 4 Get One Free on the current cans.

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No mention of dropping anything....

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I'm at it...some other new high end cat foods:

Nature's Variety Turkey limited ingredient kibble...finally a higher protein (40%) grain free dry with no fish beside B4 Grain (which my cats don't like). Just started shipping in the last week or two, so it may not be in your local store yet. (Also available for dogs in 2 varieties...turkey and lamb).

Earthborn is a name many of your may not be familiar with...they've been in the dog food arena and just launched their first cat foods. 4 flavors of grain free canned food...1 chicken and 3 fish. Chunky/shredded texture in 3 and 5.5 oz cans. Also 2 grain free kibbles (44% protein) and one with grains. Also just started shipping in the last month or so.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep my eyes open for the new products although, regrettably, distribution in Canada tends to lag the U.S. by at least a year...so it might be a while before I see them.

·
Super Moderator
26,806 Posts
Good news, but high prices. :(

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The bad news...3 oz cans only. Will probably retail around $1.19-1.29 per can. Look for a $.99 intro special.
Cue my dramatic: "NooooOOoooooooOOoo!"

Ah well, maybe they'll release them in larger cans eventually. Or maybe I'll just try them once in a while as a treat. :) Definitely going to see if my local store is running that deal!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
This is good new as my cats sometimes get tired of the same Wellness Turkey and Chicken Flavors. Are the flavors that contain both fish and foul safe? Maybe to serve as a treat every now and then?? I have weaned my cats off most of the fish flavored foods but give them once in a while as a treat. I would like to know if giving them the canned Turkey/Salmon good to feed or should I avoid feeding as a meal and just as a treat?

·
Registered
801 Posts
This is good new as my cats sometimes get tired of the same Wellness Turkey and Chicken Flavors. Are the flavors that contain both fish and foul safe? Maybe to serve as a treat every now and then?? I have weaned my cats off most of the fish flavored foods but give them once in a while as a treat. I would like to know if giving them the canned Turkey/Salmon good to feed or should I avoid feeding as a meal and just as a treat?
If you can find out where the salmon came from (alaska, wild, farmed, etc) then you'd be able to know how many servings per month aprox are safe. I made a thread here somewhere listing what fishes are and are not safe.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Ok thanks, I have been looking for grain-free, non fish flavor canned food and the only ones my cats seem to like are Wellness Chicken and Turkey flavors. I'm just afraid that eventually they will not like it and I need to add more variety. I also feed them Weruva's Paw Lickin' Chicken (chicken and gravy) and Nine Livers (chicken liver) but one of my cats doesn't really eat it unless I top it with something else such as tuna flakes, treats or crushed dry food. I hope to find more that they will actually eat and not just nibble a few bites and walk away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts