Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new core formulas? I was so excited to see them, I don't like to feed much fish so I could only buy the chicken & turkey one, but they've added four new formulas. Duck and Turkey which says right on the can that it is both chicken and fish free which I know can be hard for people to find if their cat has allergies. Then a beef, venison, and lamb one which is fish free, and an indoor formula...whatever that means lol. They also have a kitten one.

I'm glad they are expanding, it's a good food by my cats were getting tired of the one flavor.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
My girls love the Wellness Core, I'm guessing mostly because of the texture. They like their food to look like soup. I tried the salmon one; it smelled awful and my cats wouldn't eat it, so you weren't missing anything. I might try the duck and turkey if I can get over my own dislike of duck. The other one is out of the question because I know I can't get over my dislike of venison. I believe that "indoor" just means it's formulated to make their stool hard and unsmelly and has nothing to do with nutrition or anything.

If you try the duck and turkey, let us know how it goes over!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fed the duck and turkey one and they snarfed it down, licked the bowl clean and then knocked the bowl off of their shelf trying to find more lol. Only the most liked foods get the honor of causing the bowl to fall off the shelf.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
I *just* opened the salmon, whitefish and herring flavor literally a half-hour ago and let my cat try it out of the can. She seemed to eagerly lick it up, but I know from experience first impressions aren't usually the best way to judge her likes and dislikes. I'll try a full meal tomorrow and give another report.
If I could only tell you how many times I've made the mistake of going out to buy several additional cans of a food my girls loved the first two or three times, only to find that they wouldn't touch it the 4th time, 5th time, etc...

I don't know why I'm always so surprised to find that kitties have such different tastes, even though I consider them completely human. My first cat, my current two, and the stray would not touch salmon. And I love salmon, so it's not like they haven't been exposed. I'm always the one who has to be different. :p

Hmm. I'll try the duck and turkey. I'll just hold my nose.

·
Registered
786 Posts
One of my cats hates wet, the other ways it occasionally and the other likes it. I picked up a few cans of the new flavour and I first tried the indoor formula. Even the cat who hates wet food loved this. I didn't try any other flavours yet but hope they will love it to.

·
Registered
248 Posts
its looks like really quality stuff, but my cats don,t like it...earth born chicken, they go nuts over that brand....not sure why they don,t like the wellness.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its looks like really quality stuff, but my cats don,t like it...earth born chicken, they go nuts over that brand....not sure why they don,t like the wellness.
Maybe it's the texture? Earthborn is shredded, wellness is pate, and some cats are picky about that. Have you tried weruva? Their food is shredded. I really want Earthborn to come out with some new flavors too, like I said I don't fed fish based foods very much so the only one I can feed is the chicken.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just fed Angus a half can of the salmon and he went to town! He absolutely loved it! I also got the turkey one for him to try, we will see if he likes that one

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
I'm about to suck it up and try out the turkey and duck...thinking about getting some of those masks that doctors put over their faces.

I've heard positive reviews on the indoor formula, but I can't door indoor formula since Celia has pooping issues.

·
Registered
518 Posts
This food is stinky, I was worried because in the past their poos smelled really bad on cheap wet foods, but even though the Wellness stinks, their poo has no odor at all on it. I am lucky all three of mine like most wet foods, though I can definitely tell they prefer pate, as well as chicken/turkey flavors over fish ones, again, lucky all three have the same preference. Every now and then Muffin picks over something...Weruva...Wellness dry...but she is a little overweight, so not finishing her meal is not a concern for me.

Anyway, I am pretty much sold on Wellness Core, their poops are small and don't stink, their coats are shiny, Muffins dandruff went away. I'm picking up catfood today and I am trying the duck. We have already tried the kitten one for Tiger Lily and it was a hit.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ugh. I tried the beef one this morning and the one who likes wet went to town, the one who kind of likes wet sniffed it then walked away and I hand fed the one who hates it and she ate it when it was in her mouth but threw it all up ten minutes later. She tends to throw up the food she doesn't like. I'll try the other flavours but hopefully she remembers she likes the indoor one. I'll buy that If she eats it again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts