Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found it yesterday! Wellness: Herring and Salmon. I bought a couple cans... I hope he likes it. I know he didn't like the turkey and herring... so I'm a little concerned... because I know he likes the turkey... *hoping for the best!*

Anyone else find this flavor yet? How did your cat's like it?

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
I thought Dr. Jean said something about avoiding fish-flavored food. I dunno, I could be totally off....

Scully will only eat the Turkey flavored Wellness, she doesn't really like the other flavors.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
You're right, she did. Most of the time people caution against fish because of the high mercury levels, etc. So overall you should feed meats rather than fish.

I think Gabriella cats were eating fish flavored fancy feast...if that's correct (sometimes my memory serves me, other times I'm not so lucky) than I think she'll still be doing them a great service to get them off the fancy feast...fish flavors or not. It's a step in the right direction.

If the like it, she can start them on the fish flavors with turkey or chicken and try to sneak it in! :twisted:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AddFran said:
I think Gabriella cats were eating fish flavored fancy feast...if that's correct (sometimes my memory serves me, other times I'm not so lucky) than I think she'll still be doing them a great service to get them off the fancy feast...fish flavors or not. It's a step in the right direction.
You are correct! When I got Hali from the breeder she had been feeding him fish flavored fancy feast. *Nooooo!* He would not... repeat... would NOT eat anything with chicken or anything BUT fish... and if it wasn't fancy feast... he wasn't budging. I figured that Wellness fish might just be a little better anyway. He loves the chicken and fish products - not to mention just plain chicken and turkey. So don't worry - he is getting his meat products... he just gets treated with his fishy foods too.

Wellness is like a God send! He hasn't had the runs ever since I've started feeding him about 1/4-1/2 of his diet being composed of wet Wellness. Even with that horrid Science Diet I'm feeding him - the canned seems to be balancing him out. We've got the Wellness dry right now - but we are hoping to buy a container to keep the food fresh before we open the bag.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I'm not keen on fish for cats. Salmon, especially, since most of it (in the U.S. at least) is "factory farmed" in polluted conditions, where they are given dyes, fungicides, and a bunch of other chemicals in their food.

Moving them from Fancy Feast to Wellness is definitely a BIG step up, but do try to eventually get them off the fish flavors altogether.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts