1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some new stuff coming from Wellness....

New CORE formulas:

Dry: Kitten, Indoor and Turkey/Duck
Canned: Kitten, Beef/Venison/Lamb, Indoor, Turkey/Duck (5.5 oz only)

Minced, Cubed & Sliced product line adds 5.5 oz cans

I don't have any ingredient info yet (I'm interested to see which ones are fish free). Should be in stores my mid-late May.

·
Registered
248 Posts
my cats will not eat wellness anymore, after i started using earthborn chicken....bummer, because earthborn is not cheap...earthborn uses real chicken...

·
Registered
254 Posts
That probably means coupons! :crazy When I give the cats dry I prefer to give them Core rather than Evo for some reason. I hope one is fish free too. I hope they like the new flavors - lamb, duck, and venison are a hit or miss around here. Fish is only eaten in moderation or when a cat is not eating at all.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I'm just praying they haven't slipped any chicken into the new flavors. Id LOVE to have another option for a rotation.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I used to feed nothing but Wellness but have been purchasing other brands since the price at our local Pet Smart went from $1.19/can to $1.69. I can't believe anything could justify that much of a price increase. My cats don't even seem to like it as well when they do get it. Maybe they have changed their formula and they think that's a good reason to increase their prices.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sounds like the $1.19 price was an error Sue. Or maybe an intro price and then they went to their regular price. When I opened my store two years ago, Petco had Wellness at $1.65 and I was at $1.49. Wellness wasn't in Petsmart at that point. Wellness had a price increase about a year ago and I went to $1.59 and they just had another one at the beginning of April...I haven't raised my prices yet, but it will probably be another 8-10 cents.

In any case, all the prices just keep going up crazy amounts. I had to take Go! Grain Free from $1.49 to $1.93. I actually called my distributor to make sure there hadn't been a mistake.

My Wellness rep came in today and I have ingredient info. We have some fish and chicken free varieties. I believe all the new items are fish free and two are chicken free, but I'm not 100% sure. The info is at the store, I'll post the details tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your dance won't be quite so happy, Mow, but you'll have one more option:

Of the adult canned foods only the Turkey/Duck is chicken and fish free. It also has pork liver in it.

The Beef, Venison & Lamb is fish free but has chicken meal at the 7th spot.

The Indoor formula looks very similar to the Original Chicken & Turkey formula except they're using peas instead of potatoes for the extra fiber.

For the dry foods, the Turkey and Duck formula is both chicken and fish free, it also includes pork. It's a lower protein than the original at 38%. Higher fiber at 6%.

The Indoor formula is very similar to the Original but without fish, lower protein (38%) and more fiber (4-8 % vs not more than 3%)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Any idea when these are hitting store shelves? Can't find any info on these except a promotional .pdf file. I'm interested in the Indoor formulas since they seem to be fish free.

Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
18,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's supposed to be this month but my distributor doesn't have it yet (looks like they have a couple skus but not all). Since you're in MA, any stores around you would have the same distributor sources I do. It should be soon...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts