Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Just wanted to come to a forum of fellow cat owners for a little advice about my cat and her current skin problem. This isn't an emergency as we've taken her to the vet already and she's on anti-biotics but I guess I need a little reassurance :)

A little about me, I'm 24, my cat is 14 years old and female. Had her since she was a kitten. She's an indoor cat and recently she developed a little rash on her neck, which eventually became a big bald spot because she was scratching it a lot. She used to have a big mane of fur but the vet had to shave the remaining bits to see her rash. Currently she's on the anti biotics but the rash on the neck is lumpy and looks very sore :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Hi again, just a quick bump with some photos of the problem. Not sure what to do. Any advice? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They didn't know what it was, but they ruled out ringworm and fleas. All they really did was shave the fur, give her a shot and then give us 10 tablets to give her. It's weird though because she's an indoor cat with no previous illnesses, so it's not something she could have caught off any other cats because she's not in contact with any other pets. Really strange skin condition and i have no idea what caused it. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
It could be an allergy, I had a tortie called Tiny who was constantly at the vets for a similar problem, except she ripped out nearly all her fur, every month we took her to the vet to get it sorted. I'd just keep your eye on it. If it happens again you might need to try and narrow down what it could be by making a list of what she's eaten, what she was lay on ect.
Although Sshe may just have very sensitive skin and has come into contact with something that's irritated it, cats don't seem to realise the more they scratch the more it itches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts