Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued a 2-3 week old kitten from a girl I knew who took her away from her mom, and only fed her cow's milk once every other day. She's now 6-7 weeks old. She was completely infested with fleas and we could feel her ribs and shoulders. She's grown so much and no more fleas! We're having some behavior issues, that's why I joined. :)

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
She was taken from her Mom way too young, kittens need to be with their mother and siblings for at least 12 weeks to be properly socialized.
This is why you're having problems she doesn't know how to act like a proper kitty.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Find a friend with an older kitten who can teach her how to act. :) I did with Alice. She was a hellion before, biting my friends ankles and toes, and biting me on the face.

Now she's more content to love on me and purr in my arms than to bite me. That is, of course, unless we are playing. Then all bets are off. XD

·
Registered
49 Posts
Can you tell us what type of behavior issues? I rescued Tinkerbell I bet she wasn't even two weeks old yet and bottle fed her. I was seeing things like biting and scratching but this all comes with her being a kitten. When she bit me I would in a high pitch sound go ewww like that and she would look at me and stop and I would distract her with a toy. I spent a lot time distracting her onto good things. She is now 5 months and is behaving fairly good. I mean she has her days but she is a good kitty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She bites all the time. I thought I should spray her with a water bottle, but from what I've been reading that isn't the right thing to do. She has lots of toys, but all she really wants to do is bite my hands, feet, and face. She also sucks on my finger to get to sleep, is that normal? What can we do about her behavior?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts