Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all! I'm new to this place, but pretty excited to see what all it has to offer.

I recently rescued / adopted a 4 month old kitten that was feral. He was rescued by a man I work with, taken to a lady to have him "get un-feral" and neutered, then was given to me. I've had him for about a month now. He's such a great guy! I'm so in love already. He used to be pretty timid and scared, but now he's super rambunctious and playful. He'll hide in places I can't see, then jump out and scratch at my feet as I walk by. At night, he will cuddle right up to my face and lick me, sometimes even giving me love bites. He's a wonderful kitten, and a perfect addition to home.
I'm just wondering, does anyone have any idea what breed of cat he might be? I suspect he's gotta have some maincoon in him, but please tell me what you all think, too! He's pretty huge for roughly 5 months old, has incredibly soft and long hair, and has the rings in his hair and hairy ears!
Thanks, everyone, for the input!

Love, Alex and Sir Srir.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Without proper registration papers in a good recognized cat fancy association such as CFA=Cat Fanciers Assoc. or TICA=The International Cat Assoc. along with a pedigree, he is a Domestic Longhair. He does look a lot Maine Coonish to me as well, given his large size, head shape, eyes, ears, etc. and his color (silver classic tabby), which is a somewhat unusual color in domestics, but is a color recognized for Maine Coons. He's certainly a gorgeous cat, and could be a 20 pounder when he finishes his maturity at 4-5 yrs. MCs make wonderful companions. Lucky you!

CFA Breed Profile: The Maine Coon

TICA https://tica.org/en/cat-breeds/item/231-maine-coon-introduction

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.