Cat Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but not to cats. I've had several cats over the years. Most lived to be 12 - 15 yrs old. The cat I have now is at least 18 years old. She was a stray & pregnant when she came to my house in 1994. I'm here looking for info about older felines. The vet says she's in remarkable condition for her age. She's always been healthy until a couple years ago when she started sneezing & runny nose. She is an indoor cat, not exposed to any chemicals or scented products. I've tried several brands of cat food & I cook a lot of her food. I've tried changing kitty litter & am now using World's Best. I can't remember how much antibiotics & other injections the vet has tried on her plus antihistamines, & Lysine. She gets better for a couple weeks then the congestion & sneezing starts again. Vet has done every test on her & the only thing they can suggest might be an immune booster. Sometimes I think she is allergic to herself. She sneezes most when I brush her. I'm hoping someone has some suggestions on what to do. Thanks & sorry so long.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts