Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So glad I found this forum. Now I live on a farm that has a large cat population, 90% outdoor/barn cats. Maybe 40 cats. No mice ;) I have 1 cat that insists on staying in the house, and is very troublesome. He is a gorgeous cat, dark grey with orange eyes, but he is skittish, attacks his shadow, and urinates everywhere at will. I stumbled onto a site 1 day http://www.bonsaikitten.com/ and it 1st I was horrified by what I saw, but after I got reading it didnt sound like the cats were being hurt or put into any discomfort. has anyone tried this technique? I think it would be the perfect thing for my little rascal, maybe on the coffee table so guests can admire him and not fear a jugular cut. thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ooops

just read in other topic that it is a hoax :( That being said, does anyone think I can control this monster with a rope or a small cage? He won't join his friends outside.

·
Registered
50 Posts
What the **** are you thinking?????

First, I would hope that your first priority is keeping all animals safe. second, it sounds as if this kitty is an indoor/outdoor cat. Why did you let him in in the first place if you felt he was a hassle? I think you need to reassess this situation. Do you want to take care of the animals or not? If not find someone else who can provide a loving and nurturing home for them. If you do care then you wouldn't want to force this kitty out. Try giving him treats as rewards. I'm really at a loss for words. Good luck and please be kind to these animals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whoa honey

He came in the house when he was a kitten to escape the alpha male who was killing his littermates. He just never left. I open the door and he scurries behind the couch. My other cats take care of themselves, I rarely feed them only in winter. Some of them are tough enough to kill groundhogs and possums.
This kitty does nothing to deserve a treat, when he does he will get some raw steak. Kay?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Kittliness said:
So glad I found this forum. Now I live on a farm that has a large cat population, 90% outdoor/barn cats. Maybe 40 cats. No mice ;) I have 1 cat that insists on staying in the house, and is very troublesome. He is a gorgeous cat, dark grey with orange eyes, but he is skittish, attacks his shadow, and pisses everywhere at will. I stumbled onto a site 1 day http://www.bonsaikitten.com/ and it 1st I was horrified by what I saw, but after I got reading it didnt sound like the cats were being hurt or put into any discomfort. has anyone tried this technique? I think it would be the perfect thing for my little rascal, maybe on the coffee table so guests can admire him and not fear a jugular cut. thanks for any feedback!

Sure troll......now go back to your car group before you get owned.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately as this forum grows, trolls will find it as well. They feel rewarded by getting people upset, etc. I would suggest not going to that site as it is designed to disturb people who love cats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gosh, I wish I had read Homers warning to stay away from that site before I went there this morning. It was truly disturbing. Let me ask, this is my first experience with forums does this sort of thing happen often? I am a little hesitant to click another topic after having clicked this one first. Or is this pretty much an isolated incident that, for some reason, I had the misfortune of running into?

Thanks for your insight,
ps another question can you add a warning before the initial post or remove it altogether or is there a rule that prevents this?

Sylvia

1 - 11 of 11 Posts