Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Just thought I'd introduce myself, I love cats. I currently have an old grey boy who is 17 years young. Sadly my princess passed away in April aged 20 years (it still makes me cry).

However I have just started to feel broodie again and have been looking at kittens. I would like a long haired kittie. I am going to view this sweetie on Friday. I have been told she is long haired but I'm not sure from the picture. Would love some second opinions. Long haired or short haired?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Welcome!

I'm so sorry about your princess. 20 years old! Wow!

I don't know if that kitty is going to be long-haired or medium, but holy cow, I wouldn't care! What a little cutie! She'll grow up to be a gorgeous cat.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Is it a good idea to be getting a new kitten when your old gentleman is 17?

I'm not trying to discourage you, but a cat that elderly might have some serious issues adjusting to a bouncing, rambunctious kitten, and he may feel sad and neglected with a cute kitten around.

I can commiserate with how you feel though, totally - I've wanted a kitten for two years, since my German Shepherd died, but my old kitty is 14 and ill and certainly can't handle a kitten in her life :/

·
Registered
62 Posts
It definitely looks like its going to have longer hair than a typical shorthair cat. Its difficult to tell just how long its going to get. What a beautiful kitten! Give them a big hug for me!

Sorry for your princess! I know it must have been terrible losing her. 20 years is an awesome cat life with such a good parent! You did well and princess thanks you for it!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm with Marie, long or short, who cares! What a beauty! But it's perfectly okay to have a preference having said that.......I'm thinking long hair though from the picture.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'd say "medium" or long-haired... some people don't recognize the medium category. That being said, neither of my older cats have taken to having a kitten around, so I got another kitten to be his buddy and to keep him from pestering the poo out of my other cats. I can't guarantee it's a good idea, as I've heard from people that it worked well for but also people that wish they hadn't gotten two; still, it's food for thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts