Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Sara. I am the proud mom of two cats. They are a month apart in age and will be 8 years old this year. My male cat has not been feeling well lately. I was in denial and was hoping he would pull through so I gave it alittle time, but the signs were there and I could not ignore them. This past Wednesday I got the call from the vet that Mooki's blood work came back and he has diabetes. I could not wrap my head around it. I was floored and felt very emotional. I was happy we found out what was causing him to not feel well, happy there are meds to make him feel better, mad because I waited, scared to get him on insulin and to get stablized with no complications, and commit to giving him two shots a day 12hours apart. He is on his new perscription diet now and this morning we went to the vets office and I learned how to give him his insulin. Tonight will be his first shot. I guess I am here on the forum for some support and also to see if anyone else is going through or has gone through what we are going through. I am sure I will have lots of questions along the way. Any thoughts advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aw, poor kitty. I just joined here too because my cat is also sick and apparently had a stroke. It is a very emotional time indeed! Mooki is lucky to have such a loving mom to take care of him through this difficult time :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts