Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're new, you might be wondering what all this Animal Rescue Site talk is! Did you click? ( Etc.) Well, at the top of the Lounge there is a sticky with The Animal Rescue Site and many other great organizations to which you can refer.

We're asking you to click on that link, go to the Animal Rescue Site, and click the box. You pay nothing; noone bothers you; noone knows who you are, but you are feeding a shelter animal .6 bowls of food--every time you click. The sponsors pay the shelters a certain amount of money for every click.

Won't you please join us and click daily? And when you see the thread, "Have you clicked on the Animal Rescue Site today,? please bump the thread and click. What a wonderful way to help animals, even if you're broke! Many of us wish we could afford to donate to shelters, but we can't afford it. This is the way to do it! FREE--great word! And you will have a warm feeling in your heart. Please join us. :)

Thank you so much. :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
done! thanks! :)

Does it log your IP addy so you can only do it once?
If so, for those of us that have a job, we can click it once at work and once at home each day! :) That would be 1.2 bowls per person per day!! :D

·
Registered
777 Posts
The Cat Whisperer said:
Does it log your IP addy so you can only do it once?
If so, for those of us that have a job, we can click it once at work and once at home each day! :) That would be 1.2 bowls per person per day!! :D
Answering my own Q here. :)
From the FAQ section on the site:
Q: How many times can I click on the "Feed an Animal in Need" button? Can I just keep clicking and fund hundreds of bowls at once?

A: You can click once a day on the "Feed an Animal in Need" button on The Animal Rescue Site. Our agreement with our sponsors only allows us to count one click, per person, per calendar day. A monitoring system is set up to check this. While you could click on the button a hundred times, only one click would count. In the meantime, our system would be slowed down, or possibly overloaded, preventing other visitors' clicks from generating funding for care for abandoned animals. Please note that we do count clicks received through company firewalls, proxy servers, etc., to the best of our ability. We make every effort to count every click as fairly and accurately as possible.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about that -- I found that thread a week or so ago. My boyfriend and I have been clicking every day since then, I sent out an email to friends and family, and I put a link to it on my cat information site homepage. :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
On the 17th post, page 2, Densbaby has a second place to click to feed animals too. That's the one that Catman should edit into his first post(Sticky: Animal Rights & The Animal Rescue Site)
next to the first one, as to make it easier to find and not to be overlooked.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm goign to do my Christmas shopping through the animal rescue site so I can help more kitties.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
And with my new high speed internet I should be able to get it done faster, everyday. I am so glad to be past dial-up. I'll actually have more time for my own cats too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts