Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my two new kittens, I have been experimenting with several different types of canned cat food including Merrick, Innova, AvoDerm, and Wellness. I have had pretty good success with each of them. My girlfriend picked up a couple cans of Newman's Own at the grocery store and the ingredients list looked similar to some of the others I have been using. Anyone tried it?

·
Premium Member
18,379 Posts
The canned foods are good, although not grain free.

Not a fan of the dry food...first there's the use of soybean meal. Then if you look at the number of grains used, it looks like they're splitting them up so they're in smaller quantities....but when you total them, they probably exceed the amount of chicken meal. Soy has an extremely high protein content and sorghum and millet are hefty too (as compared to brown rice, oatmeal, barley)...so, much of the protein in the food is coming from plant sources which is not what cats need.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been giving Newmans Own to Vana. She was eating Wellness and she was getting tired of it. She seems to like Newmans Own a lot better. She eats the portion I give her. So far I am satisfied with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts