Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our shelter, in particular our volunteer crew who do Cat Love Therapy, received a nice note from a person whose mother had recently passed away...

"My mother ------- was a resident of ------- Rehabilitation and Care Center. One of her highlights was when you would bring the cats out and let her hold them on her lap to love and listen to them purr! What a great service you provide for the elderly and for all of the cats who would otherwise be put down if not for your shelter. Thank you for all you do!"
A reminder of what so many of us in this forum know - the furry touch and gentle purr of a cat can bring so much comfort - shouldn't be taken for granted but shared when possible.

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is a nice note.
And yeah i fully know the therapy my cats have brought me....
Saved me from my depression (was on antidepressants for years and now i am medication free)
And they know when i am in pain so they become extra goofy :eek:rcat:eek:rcat
And that helps it a lot
So good you get the cats in to help the elderly

·
Banned
243 Posts
That is such a good thing which you are doing! It is so nice to know that it is appreciated. Helping a person on their final journey is awesome....You are a wonderful person and have such kind kitties!!

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
It's true - my mother died on February 25th but had been in long-term care for several years. She absolutely loved animals all of her life, and the therapy animals (as well as individual residents' families animals) that came to her facility gave her such joy!

Once, an aide brought her puppy in to work with her and the puppy kept crying and couldn't settle. The aide brought the puppy in to my mother and it fell asleep on her bed snuggled right up against her. She talked about that for months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts