Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you have nick names for your kitty's???

I have load's for my 4 & actually rarely call them by their real names unless I am being serious with them which is not often at all ;)

no idea how most of the names came about they just sort of roll off my tongue & then stick lol

other's are self explanatory like "gorgeous boy" & "princess"

Tulah often get's called "Tuley foody" because you guessed it..... she LOVES food lol

Elfie is mainly called "subby" no idea how I came up with this one but it is his most used name & the one that he respond's too :cat

Teddybear get's called "bearsy~boy" or "bearsles" & often "Baloo"

Meeca is the one who is called by her own name the most with "Moozie" added to it & "Meecy Moomy" is a popular one lol

·
Banned
74 Posts
My cat's real name is Marina (I was working at a building next to a marina where I found her), but I never call her that. I just call her Kitty or Kitty the Cat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nick names for my cats

Hi,

Yes, I have many nicknames for my cats!

One of my favorites is ''bibite a bonheur'', it's French for what would translate as ''bug of hapiness'', I often call them that.

Another favorite is ''pupusa'' which is Spanish for what would translate as ''little thing'', or ''little treat"
We speak English, French and Spanish at home, so the nicknames are in many languages.
Some other favorites... "petite cocotte'' and "cocotita", which translates as ''little bud'', "minoucha", which is a twist of French and Spanish that would mean "kitty", and of course "mi amor"...my love!

Funny it is...but I have a cat named Elphin, whom I often call Elphi, or Elph!

sandyrivers

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ooh loads :)
Timmy Pinstripe - Tim, TimTim, TimTimCharoo, Tom, Slim, Slimmy, Slimothy
Gordon - Gord, Gordie, Gordie Pants, Puddinyman
Pixie - Pixie Poppins, Poppins, Puddinpop
Catherine - Only ever referred to as Puss :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
My cat's name is Callie. Besides her actual name we call her:
-Cow-cow
-Ca-wee
-Meow-Meow
-Kitty
-Monkey-Monk
-Punky-Punks
-Pindow Peets (kitty talk for "spindle feet" because her feet feel so pointy when she walks on you)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My husband thinks the little cat he's had since a kitten is spoiled and the boss so has taken to calling her Princess! Funny, but maybe a sign she is too spoiled!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I rarely call Ritz, Ritz. Instead, it's Precious Girl or sometimes Pretty Girl. I want her to get her self-esteem from thinking she's precious, not because she's pretty (though of course she's both!)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Zenobi had no nick names, but Missy gets called 'Little Girl' (She's a fair size, and I shake my head that I landed up with her as after Zenobi went I decided to get a smaller cat.) and Pretty Girl, but that's about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
McKenzie ( female Calico ) I call her Momma or momma cat ( no she was never a mother, just motherly acting )

Domino ( male exotic shorthair ) nickname = Little man or my Little man

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My cat's name is Callie. Besides her actual name we call her:
-Cow-cow
-Ca-wee
-Meow-Meow
-Kitty
-Monkey-Monk
-Punky-Punks
-Pindow Peets (kitty talk for "spindle feet" because her feet feel so pointy when she walks on you)
lol I call my cat's "punky punk's" & "spindles" :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I usually never call my cats by their real names! :D

Nigel = Bubba (general term of endearment), BB (short version of Bubba).

Archie = Bigfoot - littlefoot (he's a clumsy kitten), Cool Ranch (because when he sits down, he's shaped like a Dorito) and Erik Estrada (because once, I caught him diving into my potato chips...so he too was in Chips)

·
Registered
39 Posts
My babies full name is June Bug but I often just call her June. I also call her Junie, Junith, Junie-Boonie. lol I'm not to creative on the nicknames.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Marble our rescued feline friend is about 2 yrs old now...I call her Baby at times cause other cats are at much older.....Marble coloring made me think of marble cake and when she was on our balcony and would run when I came out to her, all I first saw was a flash of marble escaping onto the roof and away...'Baby' came out when I got her to sit in my lap because she was so tiny compared to our others.

Kermit......Pudge, Penquin, boy does he like to eat...the other two were about 10yrs old when he was born in our house...he didn't stand as soon as the others in the litter and would use his front legs to crawl and his back legs would drag...Kids decided kermit was a good name..He was the runt too..(not anymore). Finally after a day or so he stood but the other three kind of avoided him...that was when I knew he would be my little guy and kermit stuck.

Never done much with nicknames as in our family almost everyone had a nickname that wasn't anything to do with their given name. Never could figure that out.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thelma get called a lot of Thelmapants or Miss Pants when I can visit her.

Martin gets called Buddy, and also gets little man.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My two are Big Guy and Little Guy. Together they are The Boys. And either one may be addressed as Buddy or Goofball.

I live in the city and once, on a hot summer day, Big Guy was sitting in an open window. I walked in the room and said "Hey Big Guy, how are you doing?". Oops, my neighbor was outside and he started looking around for the voice.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
We're pretty boring with our cats names.. Meeka is pretty much Meeka. Samson gets Sammy most of the time. Jett is Jett but hubby often calls him "Jettington".
When talking about them to each other, we often refer to them as "the orange", "the grey" or "the black" - we're so creative. lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts