Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you always call your cat by his/her given name, or do you have nicknames you often call them by? How did they come by that nickname?

Ringo's nickname is Princess Pea Pod, named for the story of the Princess and the Pea. She acts like such royalty, I'm sure she would complain about the lumpy bed, princess that she is! LOL :D Sometimes I just call her Princess, but occassionally when she was a kitten and was being particularly strange or trying my patience I'd call her Pod Cat! LOL :wink:

·
Registered
43 Posts
All of the cat's get called Dumb Butt when they're being silly or stubborn.

Chester get's called Fuzzy Boy a lot
Lizzy is called Tubby Butt because she used to be rather portly (not so much now that she's getting old) & Izzy Kitty
Emily is Emmy & Evil Kitty
Jupiter is Juppy. She was Psycho Kitty when we first got her, but she's calmed down since then.

-Chelle

·
Registered
179 Posts
Misty = Misty Muffins, Baby Cakes, Weirdo

Sadie = Grumpy butt, Sadie Bug, Snaggle tooth, Mean Bean

SusieQ (dalmation/lab)= Susie, Sue

Molly(susie'e pup) = STOP LICKING ME!, GO AWAY!, BEAT IT! , STOP IT!, NO!, sweety pie

Max(lab) = cow dog, fatty, maxi boy, tubby

Alex(maltese) = cotton ball, sock muffin

Tia (yorkie)= (ok, here it goes!) T.T., cokroach, uno (cuz only one ear stands up), chunky monkey, Tia Girl, t-t-t-tia, pudding drop,

·
Registered
179 Posts
why won't it let me say "cokroach" spelled the right way??? It says "Richardroch"...ok thats really funny!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I had that same problem, I was trying to say "cokatiel" (you know the bird, I had to take away the "c" because it wouldn't let me say it) and it kept replacing it with "Richardroch". Weird.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hehehe, this is what I wrote on the other thread..

Samhain - I call her Main, Wain, Bain, Main-y, Main-y-o, Samhain-y, Samhain-y-o, "Medicine Head" (because when she was a kitten we had to give her medicine and we sucked at it and got it all over her head), "Pepperoni Back" (because she bumped me when I was eating pizza and she got pepperoni on her back), "Toothpaste Tail" (she snuck under my toothpaste spit and almost got out on time) and I call her "my girl"...

Mitzi - Mitz, Mit-zues, Zues, Buzz-zeus, Buzz, Mitsu, Buzzu, Moo

Psi - "Little Psi" is my only nickname for him so far because he is just a kitten, but sometimes I call him BRAT.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have recently come up with another one for my kitten, I call him Leaky Maleke cause of his peeing on the bed!

·
Banned
410 Posts
Kittygirl--I call her piddles, which led to P Diddles (like P Diddy the rapper) and sissy.

Sophie--My fiancee calls her Sofa-Lofa. Strange!!

Kitty--My fiancee calls him Boober and Boobus. Also, Key--short for Kitty, I guess.

Yoda--My mom calls her Mimi and Meemers..?? Don't know why.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One cat was called Smudge, because he had a smudge on his head...the smudge mark has gone now though, so he is called Smudgeless...the other is called Bramble...but we call him Bramble Can't Be Arsed...because he is sooo laid back, he is horizontal!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
My cats almost never get called by their real names unless I'm mad at them. :D So for the most part they get called....

Xavier AKA Snuggles, snuggle bug, ****** baby, tiny ******, and Xav.

Mitzi otherwise known as, meow meow Mitzi, fat ***, mitzermoo, and mitz.

Sampson also comes to, sampy, sampsonite, yosmite, Jay(his middles name actually), sampins, freakzores, bumbles and handsome boy.

Peach Hobbler better known as Peaches, peachy, freaky peaches, spaz and ****.

Last but certainly not least, Fallon, who doesn't answer to her real name but rather, freaky fallon, teeny peanut, little weiner girl, weirdo and mini mitzi.

All the little jumpy smiley guys are there for words this board most likely won't accept. :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
All my cats have nicknames, Joeys are big boy, Pickerton, mouse boy and few more can't remember. Sabrina are little girl, princess, cutie and we don't really have any nicknames for Toby yet.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
They both answer to "Beebies!" That's babies, in baby talk, of course. Precious comes when I ask "Where IS my baby girl? I don't know why, because I emphsize IS, not baby. My husband is a real animal lover, but just to get my goat, he'll sometimes call them Dummy. especially if they won't come to hiim for loves. Both of them roll around on the love seat for love. My husband started that with Precious when she was in heat and allowed everyone to pet her. She kept it up after we had her spayed. Then Blueberry started it after watching her do it. All we have to say is Love love love, and Precious runs to the loveseat. The couch won't do. Sorry, Mom. Come over here!

Blueberry is sometimes Boo Berry. I used to give all my cats a middle name, my daughter's middle name, just to bug her, but there were four of them then, and all around the same age. One by one, as I lost them, I got superstitious about using that name. How silly of me. So, now, if the cats are in trouble I just use their first and last names. I think it's funny when the vet sends them birthday cards with their first name and our last name. The mail carrier probably thinks we adopted a few children, because ours have their own homes!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nicknames

Tammy is Pooky Bear
Sheba is Shebadoo
Ming is Mingy Dingy

Needless to say, they're all rather childish sounding. However, even my husband calls Tammy Pooky Bear. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts