Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got thinking the other day about just how many nicknames Assumpta has collected since she came to live with us. I mean, she knows her name, but she has ended up having a zillion terms of endearment heaped upon her in conversation as well, which often mutate into other terms of endearment, like:

Assumpta: Sumpter, Sumpter-Numpter, Assumpta Meow (or Miz Meow)
The usual Generics: Kittycat, Cat, Pussycat, PussyGato.
Face derivations: CatFace, MeowFace, FurFace, PawFace, or just "Face"
Paw derivations: Pretty-Paws, Puddin-Paws, Pussin-Paws, Paddle-Paws (she hates these, and always gives us a disgusted, sideways-ears look when she hears them)

Even when the dog came to our house, he went from being just Scamp to Scampy-pants, to Mr. Scamp E. Pants, to Mr. Pants or Pants (for some reason, he loved being called Mr. Pants :? ) At a couple of points when he was adjusting to his new diet, he ended up being Poopy-Pants 8O

How many nicknames has your cat garnered? And how many of them would be completely embarrassing if your non-cat-people friends heard you say them? :lol:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My Mum told me Dylan's name would end up being shortened to some rubber thing that girlies use beginning with a "D" 8O
(tried to keep it clean lol)

Dylan gets called lots of things, mainly by the boyfriend, like smelly bum. Nothing interesting name wise has developed so far but if I think of any later I'll come back lol

Hayley

·
Registered
88 Posts
Spaz - Spaz Monkey, Spaz Muffin, slobberbucket, mommy's baby girl, goofy kitty, silly butt

Keeter - fluffypants, fluffybutt, daddy's baby girl

I'm sure there are more but having a brain dead day today!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts