Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lots of other pictures, but the computer is running slow! This is a pretty good picture of Nina, though, and there will be more of both. She's such a sweet little lady!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Is Nina the Birman? Both of your cats are sooo pretty... I especially love the dignified fluffiness of the Birman kitty :)

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nini, she's a Balinese, but she looks a lot like Cinderella, doesn't she? Her paws are seal colored, though. I got her from the Siamese Rescue Org. She is a long haired Siamese.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Ooooh I hope I did not offend her :wink:

What's the difference between Birman and Balinese cats? Just the white feet?

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
What ever their "offical" heritage is, they are simply gorgeous.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
I thought I must be dreaming - pictures from Jeanie? :D

Nina is beautiful, and she does look like Cinderella! You took an excellent picture of her stunning eyes - not easy, I know.

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nina is a Traditional Balinese cat. Blueberry is a Classic Siamese. Balinese are very silky, and their coats do not mat, which is so nice! As with the traditional and classic Siamese, the traditional Balinese are not popular in the show ring. The wedge type head is the show cat in both long and short haired Siamese. The Balinese is one of the most intelligent cats, and enjoy talking!

Here's an article that might be of interest.

http://www.balinesecat.com/

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Blueberry is lovely, too. So regal. :luv

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you! The love to be told how beautiful they are!

Jessica, they do love each other!

The Balinese (long haired Siamese) showed up on occasion in a litter of short haired Siamese, but were sold as pets at one time. Then someone realized how very beautiful they were and began to encourage them, instead of discouraging them. Voila! Same breed, different characteristics. The rounder eyes come from the more traditional breeds.

The Birman was the sacred cat of Burma. I think they have a lot in common, but are two different breeds. :)

http://www.geocities.com/silkencats/bir ... istory.htm

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
marie73 said:
I thought I must be dreaming - pictures from Jeanie?
No kidding! I don't think I've ever seen pictures of Jeanie's cats. They're lovely! Nina looks a lot like a ragdoll cat we had when I was younger... I have a picture kicking around somewhere, I'll see if I can track it down and scan it.

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Let's see more, Jeanie! :D

·
Super Moderator
26,542 Posts
Isn't this the new computer you got for Christmas (or was it a new camera)? :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts