Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nip/Tuck has not long started over here I haven't watched it yet, but the ads say that it was really big in America, I just was wondering if any of have seen it and what you think of it.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Yeah, I started to respond to this one, too, except that I realized that I don't watch it and no one I know watches it. I wonder how big a hit it actually is. It's on late at night on basic cable...

Some of the plots sound interesting, but none of them are very plausible. For example: Columbian drug lords hire the doctor to insert heroin-filled breast implants into their (female) employees so they can smuggle it into the country.

So basically, horrible people having a horrible time having horrible things done to them by horrible people.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I haven't watched it but want to! It's not a reality show.

And sadly - the drug brest implant thing HAS happened - it's actually become a more common problem I've read for getting drugs into the country.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What I think is funny is that most of us are barely familiar with it, yet it is touted as "a big hit in America" over in the UK! i wonder what other shows they're exporting that they think we love!!

·
Banned
410 Posts
I watched it a few times and actually enjoyed it. I just never got hooked on it because I couldn't remember which night it was on and what channel....I'm such an airhead! :?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Know what's really odd?

The biggest hits in Australia are apparently Judge Judy and Ricki Lake (why there are always aussies in the audience - and I'm only forced to watch this at lunch at work). Maybe cause it makes Americans look like morons. Or I should say North Americans I guess.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Uggg, I hate Judge Judy....and there are so many "court type" tv shows on now. I don't care much for Ricki Lake, either--I'm actually surprised that she still has a show.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts