Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's a resource you can use to find a local shelter as well.

http://youcastcorp.com/shelter_pet

That is a cool interactive site for my job's pet personals campaign(we're a marketing company). We partnered with the Humane Society, the Ad Council, and Maddie's Fund to create that site in hopes of reducing the ammount of animals euthanized in standard animal shelters.

It's a great resource and it actually helped me find a local shelter that I will soon be adopting from.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you Catman. Monday, May 24, 2010

Good to read.
Life can tug hard on my insides so it is comforting to see pages like this.
To know, some, of all the pets we keep ourselves and do it well...well, ...well as we know how; and some of all the rest ... of the other side of the picture...it is nice to see a list of the good that is being done.
There is so little some of us can do.

Thanks again,
cuzmare

·
Registered
81 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the Humane Society of Broward County here in Florida? We've taken quite a few homeless cats and dogs because they told us that unless the animal can't be adopted out because of health or temperament issues that they would be placed for adoption without a time limit. Lo and behold today a vet nurse at a low cost spay vet told me that they do kill a lot of their animals, especially cats, regardless if they are healthy or not. I think she said like over 50%.

I don't know what to do because I have 5 kittens from a homeless mom and my mom and me were going to take them there. Does anyone have any info on them? :sad:

·
Registered
132 Posts
I live in the KC metro area, and there are several very good no-kill shelters, as well as some fantastic rescue groups. Wayside Waifs, Humane Society of Greater Kansas City, and Heartland SPCA(formerly Animal Haven and No More Homeless Pets KC..they merged) are the largest. HELP Humane Society of Belton, MO is another good one in need of help at the moment. They are facing funding problems, and they keep their animals until they find a home, period. There are several beautiful kitties on there in need of great homes.

Wayside Waifs
Wayside Waifs: Wayside Waifs | Animal Rescue

Heartland SPCA
Heartland SPCA - Heroes for pets. Partners for Life.

HSGKC
Humane Society of Greater Kansas City Home Page

HELP Humane Society
HELP Humane Society is a no-kill animal shelter in the Kansas City area

·
Super Moderator
26,392 Posts
Places go out of business and links change. This thread was started in 2003.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,392 Posts
Well, thanks for the oh-so-helpful input. It's a list that members contribute to, not something mods have time to verify. You may be better off with Google.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.