Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't now how it is in your house,but in my house there is a lot of beeping going on.
The dishwasher when done beeps 8 times.The washer beeps 2 times when finished and keeps it up until turned off.Same with Microwave BEEP BEEP...
..BEEP BEEP...
The stove beeps when finished with preheating,one lone beeeeeeeep.The fridge beeps when the door is left open to long,it never stops when my teenager comes home from school and does so continues one weekends.
Now my dryer has decided to randomly turn ITSELF on only to beep .If i turn IT off ,IT will turn Itself on,sometimes right away sometimes 20 minutes later.Can't reach the plug by myself.And to top it off Monty(three year old son) and IT are singing a duet.
That's enough beeping to drive you beeping crazy,but like they say :"Iv you can't beat them join them."
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEPBEEP BEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP......BEEP

·
Registered
8 Posts
Some people don't notice beeps. One of our fire alarms is always needing a new battery and my DH and I do not even notice them anymore. When guests come over they are like aaaggghhhhh.... give me a battery I will replace them!
maybe becasue we are usually soooo busy.
We have been trying to change and we notice then beeping we usually replace the battery ...recently at least.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Wow your house sounds v high tech! The only thing that beeps in my house is the fire alarm when the battery's dying and that's enough to drive you mad on it's own :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my old house the only things that beeped was my microwave ,but after it burned down and we build a new one we had to get all new appliances.YES,THEY ALL BEEP!!

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
Darn beeping smoke alarms! Friday night one of them started beeping at 1:15 in the morning. It was keeping me from sleeping so I got up and spent the next hour trying to figure out which stinking one it was. I knew it was was one of the 4 upstairs (one in each bedroom and 1 in the hallway)...I ended up taking all 4 down and removing the batteries and I was still hearing a faint beep (maybe it was in my head). I finally took them all downstairs and put them in the washer/dryer closet, the furthest point from my bedroom.

And what really ticked me off is that my father changed all the batteries when they were here at Christmas. And they were fresh batteries! Grrrrrrrr!

And that reminds me, I need to go out and get batteries for them today. Need to change them all since I never did figure out which one it was.

·
Registered
257 Posts
:lol: all this chat about fire alarms reminds me of that episode of Friends (The One where they're up all night - oh dear - it's a bit sad that I know that!) where Phoebe spends the night arguing with the beeping fire alarm.

It has to be one of the most annoying sounds....and always seems to kick off at night time :?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm with ya on annoying beeps! The dryer my husband had when I first moved in with him was so annoying and I was glad the day that it died and we had to get a new one. I made sure it was much quieter than the previous one.

As far as our smoke alarms, we have those "integrated" ones in part of the house since the addition was put on, so if one battery goes weak they all start beeping! When that happens, cats scatter and hide, the dog stands there and barks viciously and hubby runs around the house trying to figure out which alarm it is while the kids cry that there may be a fire in the house. :? He's usually great at changing the batteries every 6 months along with the time changes but last year when they adjusted the time change he forgot.

Thankfully our microwave only beeps a couple times when its finished and repeats one more time in about a minute. If you forget to get the food after that second warning, too bad so sad. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
You would think the smoke detectors could actually have a little light on them that blinks red when the battery is low, rather than just start beeping every 10 seconds. Or an override button that when it starts beeping in the middle of the night, you can hit it and it will re-trigger 12 hours later, during the day. Or just beep once an hour when it starts to go and after a day or two escalate. I realize it's important to keep them changed, but not in the middle of the night. So now they've all been disconnected for 3 days because I haven't gotten to the store for batteries.

·
Registered
981 Posts
yep our house beeps too :cry: And we have the little flashing smoke detectors but they always flash and they are really bright at night!!!!

·
Premium Member
28,617 Posts
The worst beeps are the ones the smoke alarm makes from the steam....because you're ini the shower or tub. GRRRRRRR No beep is going to deny me my shower! "Be quiet, you dumb thing; it's steam!" On the other hand, it's driving me crazy!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I worked in a McDonald's during high school (it was in a mall, and I had to survive the Christmas season.... *shudder*)
but anyway, EVERYTHING BEEPS!!!!! And I am one of those people that has problems with repetitive noises (nail tapping, loud gum chewing, the beat in rap music, constant clicking, water dripping, beeping, things like that), so needless to say, it was torturous! Everything in the store had a different beep to tell you when it was done.... I used to have nightmares of loud beeping slowly driving me insane!!!! :yikes

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I guess I should count myself among the blessed. The only thing that beeps here is the microwave.
But, it's REALLY LOUD!! :roll:

It seems that technology has reached a point of diminishing returns when the "smart" appliances beeping & talking starts driving the consumer nuts. 8)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
sabine said:
I don't now how it is in your house,but in my house there is a lot of beeping going on.
The dishwasher when done beeps 8 times.The washer beeps 2 times when finished and keeps it up until turned off.Same with Microwave BEEP BEEP...
..BEEP BEEP...
The stove beeps when finished with preheating,one lone beeeeeeeep.The fridge beeps when the door is left open to long,it never stops when my teenager comes home from school and does so continues one weekends.
Now my dryer has decided to randomly turn ITSELF on only to beep .If i turn IT off ,IT will turn Itself on,sometimes right away sometimes 20 minutes later.Can't reach the plug by myself.And to top it off Monty(three year old son) and IT are singing a duet.
That's enough beeping to drive you beeping crazy,but like they say :"Iv you can't beat them join them."
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEP BEEPBEEP BEPBEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP......BEEP
LMAO Sorry but I read your post and I though It was funny, you are just going insane, aren't you??
Bless your heart I have a lot of beeping going at work too!! 8O

1 - 17 of 17 Posts