Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring has finally come to upstate NY. I'm airing out the house, the winter coats are put away, the cat door is in place and I have retired the litter boxes for the next nine months.
Most of my seven cats loathe the cat box, so this is happy news for all of us. Hurray! No more lugging litter! No more scooping!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Prince goes outdoors for a couple hours each day, but he holds it until he's back home to go to the litter box. He usually comes back rushing in directly to the loo. So no luck for me there...

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Prince goes outdoors for a couple hours each day, but he holds it until he's back home to go to the litter box. He usually comes back rushing in directly to the loo. So no luck for me there...
Zenobi was the same way. One time the poor litle girl left it too late. I wasn't angry with her, but I wanted her to see me clean up. She was out on the sundeck and I kept calling her. Finally a little nose peeked around the door jamb.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just finished scooping 5 litterboxes and sweeping up litter...gotta stick with the boxes here now that spring is here I'm seeing wildlife. My stay inside. Lost one to wildlife years ago can't do that again
Yes, the outdoors comes with risks, especially now that they can go out and stay all night if they want. Some do.

The quality of my cats' lives is high; I've always thought so. I see how happy they are running across the yard and hunting in the bushes. I can't guarantee the quantity of their days, but the quality is there. I do think their happiness - and the opportunity to eat a natural diet of mice and chipmunks - contributes to their remarkable good health.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Haha That's great!

It was very warm today. So before I took Misa to the vet to get her surgery on her teeth, we spend a few minutes outside. She was still meowing to get back it, but the air felt good.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, the outdoors comes with risks, especially now that they can go out and stay all night if they want. Some do.

The quality of my cats' lives is high; I've always thought so. I see how happy they are running across the yard and hunting in the bushes. I can't guarantee the quantity of their days, but the quality is there. I do think their happiness - and the opportunity to eat a natural diet of mice and chipmunks - contributes to their remarkable good health.
I feel the same way, even after losing two to anti-freeze poisoning. It's a dangerous world for us all.

I'm in California and you're way ahead of me in being ready for spring! Of course I still can't do away with litterboxes because some of mine still prefer inside to out, especially at night. But when those that like to spend the majority of time outdoors have to use the litterboxes it's really funny. It reminds me of me when I go to a public restroom, inspecting the stalls for the cleanest one before committing myself. If they could wrinkle their noses they would! It's very insulting because I am obsessive about cleaning their litterboxes but clearly, they aren't up to their picky standards. When they were little they would form a very orderly line in order to use a freshly cleaned litterbox. I so wish I had videotaped it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts