Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Can you see if the shelters will at least spay and vaccinate the cats?

There are also organizations that can help with this. There is a sticky post above with info

There is also a sticky post above about making a shelter for them. If they are truly feral they can take care of themselves for the most part. Getting them spayed is key to preventing a cat population explosion

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting them fixed will be no problem. I am getting two males fixed. They are friendly and a shelter will take them. The two females are wild. Releasing them isn't an option. I don't live in a single-family home and risk actions being taken against me if I release the animals.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I have emailed at least two dozen so-called "no kill" shelters and sent out endless emails. The only real offer is from a group that's bringing two of their u nadoptable ferals to a santucary out-of-state and requires a $350 donation for each cat. I know that isn't even enough to cover for the year-long care of a cat, but it's a lot of money for me to pay.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A friend knows of two feral colonies in the area and has friends who feed them. He is giong to ask whether one of both of the females could be re-released there.
Do cats do well in situations like these?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts