Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiancee and I have two cats about a year old, we got them from a no-kill shelter. They're both calicos and female, supposedly sisters. Cinnamon is the taller and longer one of the bunch. Cocoa is fluffier and smaller. They were both the same size when we got them. We've had them for a little over a month now. Cocoa is fixed, but Cinnamon isn't. Cinnamon has seemed to grown at least 1/3 in size in that little time we got her. She's very needy for attention. She walks around the apartment meowing for long periods of time at all hours. She jumps on everything and gets into everything, while Cocoa just chills. We are taking Cinnamon to get fixed on friday. I was wondering if this sort of behavior is going to taper down after or is she always going to be like this. Does anyone have any experience about this? Ever since we got them, Cinnamon has never given us a good night's rest. We've tried keeping them both up from the moment we're home until we go to bed (about 4 hours) and keeping them up all day on the weekends, but nothing seems to work. We've even tried with a water bottle, but it only works temporarily. Locking them in the bathroom is not an option, because that's just plain mean. If anyone has any advice, please please help us! Also she likes to knead her claws on us and headbutt our faces when we're sleeping. We've also tried playing with her for hours, but that didn't work either.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Sleek and welcome to Cat Forum!

Sounds like Cinnamon might be a spoiled little girl. :D Since you are taking her to be spayed, talk to your vet about her "issues" and see what recommendations he/she might have. You might try giving her a good, hard romp with some toys, about an hour before bedtime, this evening. See if you can just wear her down a bit that way.

As for now, she is just telling you how much she needs you to love her. :wink:

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
It could be the time of year, as female cats go "into heat" during January through May. I am thinking that getting her spayed would probably stop her disurptive habits, so you can get some sleep :wink:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies!

Amazingly enough last night Cinnamon was pretty quiet. Either that or I was just too tired. Thanks for all the advice. I noticed that her nipples are quite large, so I think her being in heat might be why she's so crazy. Tomorrow's the day!!! :)

The lady that we got the two kitties from said that when she rescued them from someone they were in small kennels stacked up on top of each other with about 30 cats like that. :( I just don't understand how someone can be so cruel. Perhaps that's why they both crave attention so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts