Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! My cats have been separated for 10 weeks due to another cat coming into the house and causing my cat Diego to turn on his sister Tina. They’ve lived together for 5 years. I’ve dealt with this before when one goes to the vet, but this is different. Another cat was in the house. I don’t know what else to do. These are all the things I’ve tried:
1. Feliway plugs in and spray
2. Jackson galaxy sprays and drops
3. Vacuumed house
4. Calming collars
5. Cleaned litter box
6. Tried swapping them rooms so they can smell each other’s scent
7. Fed them on opposite sides of the door

diego growls and hisses at her through the door. One day they accidentally got out and lots of hissing growling and puffy tails. I threw a blanket on them and separated them immediately.

What am I missing?I have a baby otw due in 5 weeks and really want my loving peaceful kitties back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Swapping their rooms to smell each other's scent isn't enough. Use a clean towel or cloth, wet it in hot water, wring out and rubbed all over your girl Tina. After her coat dries use another clean towel, and rub it all over Diego's head and especially around the mouth glands, and under his tail. Then rub this towel all over Tina's head and back and rump above the tail. Diego should be able to smell his scent on Tina, and stop hissing at her. Give them treats together as close as possible, and lots of praise for being together..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts