Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am Chad from Miami, FL.

New to this forum but not forums in general, I usually hang out in R/C Airplane and Helicopter forums.

I love cats, I have 2 Siamese girls. One of them is injured and that is why I am here.

I LOVE CATS! :love2

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
Welcome, Chad,

I hope your little girl isn't hurt too seriously. Has you taken her to the vet already? :patback

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, Chad,

I hope your little girl isn't hurt too seriously. Has you taken her to the vet already? :patback
I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow, she has a rash under her arm and I am not sure what it could be.

Normally I would just think that my cats were play fighting and it got to rough but this cat, Zoe, is the big one and Bailey the smaller one is a sissy and would never be able to hurt her.

I went ahead and posted a photo below although I know this is the wrong place to be talking about it.

She doesn't look to happy in the photo but she got right up begging for love when I let her go.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,492 Posts
You should be able to post everywhere now. (If not, hit F5 to refresh your settings. If that doesn't work, log out then log back in.)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Oh my. Does it look like a scrape? I just went through something very similar with my own siamese. It looked just like that from what I can see in your photo. o_o Must be something in the air!

If it is a scrape, the good news that I learned from my experience is it's probably not serious. With my cat, the vet just cleaned the area and gave her a cone so she wouldn't scratch at it and prevent it from healing.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I can't tell from the picture what it might, but I hope it's nothing serious and that she's better soon.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Oh my. Does it look like a scrape? I just went through something very similar with my own siamese. It looked just like that from what I can see in your photo. o_o Must be something in the air!
And to clarify, because I just realized my post might be confusing, I didn't mean that something in the air actually caused her rash/scrape. ;) I was just musing at how odd it is that we've got two siamese owners on the board this week fretting about similar injuries.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could be a scrape, not sure how she would scrape herself since she is an indoor cat. At first I thought it could be ring worm but besides the fact that there is no ring Ive also inspected the rest of her skin and she doesn't seem to have any other irritations.

I would give it a day to see what happens but my wife wants me to take her to the vet in the morning. I'm sure all the vet is going to do it give her a shot of antibiotics.

It doesn't seem to be bothering her much, but still, I hate when my cats have something abnormal going on.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It could be a scrape, not sure how she would scrape herself since she is an indoor cat. At first I thought it could be ring worm but besides the fact that there is no ring Ive also inspected the rest of her skin and she doesn't seem to have any other irritations.

I would give it a day to see what happens but my wife wants me to take her to the vet in the morning. I'm sure all the vet is going to do it give her a shot of antibiotics.

It doesn't seem to be bothering her much, but still, I hate when my cats have something abnormal going on.
Mine are indoor too but the vet assured me it didn't look like the other cat did it to her. She said any rough surface could have caused it, like the edge of a bed frame or some other furniature/equipment. In Athena's case we think the culprit was the base of my stationary bike, as we found a little dried blood on that after we got back from the vet.

Obviously taking her to the vet won't hurt but if it is a scrape it's probably not serious. I totally understand both you and your wife's different perspectives. I'm the paranoid one in my household so any time something happens I stress until I get the vet to look at it, whereas my boyfriend always says, "I don't think she needs to see the vet. They'll probably just give her some antibiotics at most and tell us it'll heal on its own." And usually he ends up right. XD

I always take the extra safe route, but it's really hard to tell sometimes. If you're worried, I'd take her to the vet, if you're not too concerned, then maybe watch it for a day or two and see if it improves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I took her to the vet, he gave me 3 medications (pills, liquid, and a gel to apply.) and he sent out 2 cultures to see if it is a fungus.

He also gave me a cone for her to wear so she doesnt lick the wound and man I feel soooooooooooooooooo bad for her. She hates it and she is very depressed. She sits in a corner facing the wall like she is on time out. I try to take it off when I am with her but all she wants to do is lick the wound and the gel that is on it so I have to put it back on.

Its so frustrating but I know its for the best, I just feel so bad for her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts