Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitty April is three years old is for some reason unknown to me she loves the sent of things most animals hate. If you put IceyHot or Vick Vapor Rub on she is all over you trying to lick it off....If you mop the floor with bleach water you have to keep a close watch on her because she will go in there and rub all over the floor. I was just wondering if anyone else has a cat that does this...and if someone might know why she does it?? :?:

·
Registered
10,231 Posts
I've heard of cats rubbing themselves over bleached floors so thats not so unusual. The vapor rub, I have no idea. :lol:

·
Registered
672 Posts
My childhood cat had a bleach fetish also. He would hang out in the bathroom after we would clean the tub and smell everything, rub himself all over the cleaned things, and he would have this euphoric look on his face while doing it. Weirdo.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Clover loves Febreeze. When we spray ANYTHING with it, a few hours later Clover smells like Febreeze because she's been rolling in it. :roll: Probably close to the same thing.

On a side note, my mom told me that she read an article that the something in the liquid in the Swiffer wetjet things KILLS animals... so be careful.

·
Registered
706 Posts

it seems cute and adorable but i ges you just have to watch your cat, cats are like humans, they all like different things and the odd one will like sumthing everyone thinks they should hate lol :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
My cat will practically knock you over when you pull out the coffe to make it in the morning. She is obsessed with the smell. My dog is really weird about lotion, nail polish and nail polish remover. He always wants to try to lick my legs after i put on lotion, or if I use the nail polish remover he hunts me down and tries to lick my toes. :?

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
My rabbit Rex likes the taste of Simple Green. I've never let him near the actual product, but when I clean with it, he proceeds to lick every surface I used it on. Freak... :roll:

·
Banned
33 Posts
The Swiffer Wet-Jet thing is an email hoax.

One thing you do have to be careful of, though, is products like deodorizers, cleaning things, and disinfectants like lysol, because a lot of the fragrances used in those products are poisonous to cats (and other domestic animals) if they get it into their mucous membranes. But I think they would have to do more than just smell it. I think they would have to breathe in the actual liquid (like if you spray it directly at/around them).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for replying...and I'm glad to hear its not that uncommon. My kitty also loves to rub on me after I put lotion on. I realized after I started this thread I should've posted it in the Behavior section....sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts