Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just gotten Remy on to a commercial raw diet... but when I tried the primal ... he threw it all up... so threw that out. He is very finicky and He at a good meal this am but tonight will hardly touch anything. He threw up a little bile then he wanted the stella and Chewy's chicken and salmon dehydrated food... I gave him that because at least it was something. I'm freaked out a little bit. He is finicky but he seemed to be doing so well on raw.. today not so much... this is stressing me out!

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I have a couple of cats who eat their raw meals too quickly and then regurgitate them back up within a few minutes. For them, I split their raw meals in half and feed the second half at least 30 mins after the first half. That usually eliminates the regurgitation problem.

Laurie

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.... I woke up to more throw up this am. I gave him regular wet food this am with turkey baby food... Does anyone have any thoughts? He is acting normal...

·
Registered
786 Posts
Maybe it just doesn't agree with him. I have one cat who anytime she eats more then a few licks of wet, throws it back up right away. She eats dry and treats fine, something about wet doesn't agree with her... Some brands more than others.

Maybe keep experimenting to see what works for him .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah... I left out some dry food quality kibble for him today. I think I will go back to a low carb grain free dry food and a grain free wet. I know raw is the better diet... but it is stressing me out and my poor guy's tummy doesn't like it.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yeah... I left out some dry food quality kibble for him today. I think I will go back to a low carb grain free dry food and a grain free wet. I know raw is the better diet... but it is stressing me out and my poor guy's tummy doesn't like it.
I'm having the same issue but I have three cats so it's very difficult to find a food they all will eat. I am doing the grain free wet/ dry too but one has bowel issues so I'm going to try and only have her eat wet(again very difficult) , so go with whatever works for your cat. The best food to feed is the food that works for your cat. :)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
My Meatball's stomach doesn't agree with pork. There is a 50% chance she will immediately throw out all pork she ate. I guess some cats are sensitive to certain ingredients.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts