Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just rading about some new insurances for cats and dogs that they come up with here in Slovenia (Europe) and I beleive it's kind of unfair to cats.

Check this out: you can insure a cat or a dog with a pedigree - that I understand. You can also insure a dog without a pedigree, as long as it's playful, BUT you cannot insure a cat without a pedigree.

Now tell me where's the logic in that!! :?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
timskitties said:
What kind of insurance are you talking about? Life insurance? Health insurance? :?
This is a health insurance, where they cover some expences for the vet and you also get money in case of a pet's death.

As I was kind of freaked out abot this, I investigated some more because i didn't get why dogs yes and cats no. Then a neighbour who's dealing with insurance policies told me the deal! Now check this out:

You can't insure a domestic cat because peole could get any feral kitty off the street, insure them and then kill them and collect the money!!! :yikes OH MY GOD
I can't even beleive that peple actually even think somebody would do that.
(and that coming from one of the most known insurance company in Slovenia)
However I am kind of happy - at least no one will get a kittty from that reason. But if you think that someone might get a puppy for that and then kill him, makes me really depressed and mad.

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
Most insurance companies pay out on the death of pedigree animals, reimbursing the money you originally paid for the puppy/kitten. It would be far too complicated to start paying out on crossbreeds/rescues. But they won't pay out on healthcare for crossbreeds either?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts