Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this one is kinda hard to pass up. She's at PetSmart and about the furrist (sp?) cat we've ever seen. She's 5 years old and 14 lbs. Her fur makes her look like she's at least 25 lbs!

I think Fozzy would do okay with another but things are soooo good with him, I'd hate to shake things up.

What should I do?!?! (Ok, Ok, I know I'm at the wrong place to ask that, haha!)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do what your heart tells you to do and what you think is best.

PS: It's "Furriest", you were only one letter off :).

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
She looks a bit like Prince and Prince is the best-behaved cat in the whole world.

Just trying to remain objective here. :)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
On second look: she's absolutely stunning. I can't believe she's up for adoption.

·
Registered
125 Posts
aww what a cutie :) It's hard to say what would be best to do. You know your situation with your cats best. Assuming you can afford it financially, and it wouldn't upset your cats you have now, I say go for it!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Do you know why this cat is up for adoption? Maybe she has medical or social issues. I would find this out first before adopting. Of course you want Fozzy to like this cat, is he good with other cats? When I adopted a 2nd cat, my only cat did not like it at all. I think the only reason they tolerate each other now is because I use Feliway plug in diffusers in two different rooms, which can be costly. You would need to think this through and decide if this would be the best decision for your household and financial situation. But that is one gorgeous furry kitty I must say!!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I love the look on her face and her coloring is gorgeous! i have to stay away from any place that has cats or I want to bring them all home.

·
Registered
328 Posts
ooooh a long haired calico?? I don't think I could say no to that... Unfortunately we rent and aren't allowed more than 2 cats, or we'd already have at least 3 by now, and probably would be looking for a 4th. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
73 Posts
The heart can get you in big trouble. Believe me, I know.
Haha understandable! I guess that's how I ended up with Marley! I totally agree with kittywitty, why is this cat up for adoption and is she good with other cats? When I was looking at cats at the local shelter, Marley was in a room with about 4-6 other cats, so I already knew she'd be fine with my Duke..

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
She's gorgeous!! But I wouldn't mess with a good thing....

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup, Marie, that's the only thing holding me back! :)

Not sure her background or why she's there. I'd take her on a trial basis if I could...

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
She's absolutely stunning! I too would do a bit of research before going any further, determining a bit about her background and how well she gets along with other cats. I'd also consider how Fozzy might be with other cats (although I think you seemed to think he'd be ok).

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Do you know why this cat is up for adoption? Maybe she has medical or social issues. I would find this out first before adopting. Of course you want Fozzy to like this cat, is he good with other cats? When I adopted a 2nd cat, my only cat did not like it at all. I think the only reason they tolerate each other now is because I use Feliway plug in diffusers in two different rooms, which can be costly. You would need to think this through and decide if this would be the best decision for your household and financial situation. But that is one gorgeous furry kitty I must say!!!

She looks fine to me. If someone gave her up after 5 years it's an owner's flaw. Both my cats fell upon unfortunate circumstances and they're the 2 best kitties in the world. Okay, one had a medical issue that her owner didn't grasp but that was easily fixed, snip, snip and she's one of the two bestest kitties in the world.

Give a mid-life kitty a break.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ohmigosh! She is SO cute! I found my fuzzy little calibrat there as well. I would snatch her up in a heartbeat!

. . . if I didn't have another cat and was being responsible like you are. :)

This is why I haven't stepped foot in PetSmart since getting Layla.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts