Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. My cat willis is 3 years old and is a normal weight. Not long after I first got him he developed a urinary tract infection and hasn't had one since (about 1.5 years ago). We have been feeding him purina urinary tract health dry food since that time and giving him purina cat food once in a while (4 cans worth a month). He seems to like the wet food but only eats a little at a time. I am afraid to keep feeding him the same dry food because it is so specific to that 1 health issue. I am concerned he may not be getting the nutrients he needs. any suggestions? I am far from rich but love him to death. I will get him whatever he needs as long as i know what it is. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think any high quality wet food (or a home made diet) will be good for your cat. The main problem with urinary tract problems is lack of moisture in the food. It's quite a transission from dry food to wet food. When fed dry food a cat only needs to eat about 50 grams and when switched to wet food it will have to eat at least three times as much so it is quite possible that your cat will eat a little bit to litte in the beginning, but he won't develop any defiencies. They often get used to eating more quite fast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts