Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill try to make this as short as possible. About a year and a half ago my parents moved and I kept our cat named lucky. Well things didnt work out with my appartment and so I took him to my moms to live. My step father travels for a living and one day our cat lucky disappeared. We figured he got run over or something. We found a dead cat up the road that resembled our cat slightly but was too mutilated from the truck that hit it to really tell..we burried him and called him lucky. That was a year and a half ago.

Last night my mom called me telling me that lucky was back. I just figured shes mistaken but he responds to his name, is really friendly and happy, and really beat up. He looks just like our old cat except he has tiny claws in the front. We had lucky declawed but I hear they can grow back. We think what might have happened if its really him that he might have gotten into my step dads car and got taken on a trip by accident and just slowly found his way home. Is this too crazy to believe? or is it possible he found his way home??

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
I've heard of cats that are dumped a whole state away and still manage to hike their way home to where they used to live, so your prediction of this cat being Lucky, isn't too far fetched. When I was in highschool we got too kittens, Moe and Bert and Moe one day dissappeared. Well few streets over, we've seen a cat that looks JUST like him outside. He dissapeared over 6 years ago. We always wonder if it's him and why he didn't make it back home. Anyways, I'm sure you'll know if it's Lucky the more you spend time with the cat. I'm sure if my missing cat came back from a year of being gone, I'd definently be able to tell if it was him or not. Good luck! I hope it's Lucky! Also for the sake that the one you buried earlier had a nice burial too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts