Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
I would be embarassed to show you what we found under our stove when we replaced it a few months ago. There were many pens, pencils, bread-ties, fuzzy-mouse-toys, jingle-balls, clothespins and *untold* numbers of milk-rings.
Now I know why poor Pretty crouched down and looked so forlornly under the stove so many mornings...

Cats; buy 'em a toy and they'd rather play with the 'garbage' of the gift; paper/plastic sack and/or the packaging.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
LOL. Back in the day when I lived in Jersey and had lots of money I had a cleaning lady. She'd come out once a week and after her second visit or so I noticed a new little basket near Anthony's bed and it was full of Anthony's (Ex's cat) toys. BUT, I hardly remembered any of them. When I asked the cleaning lady she told me that she found them in various places around the house. Under beds, under the washing machine, under the refrigerator, under the stove, and under the couch so she picked up a little basket and cleaned the dust off them so he could play with them again.

I think it became a game between the two of them. By Friday mornings Anthony would empty the basket and by Friday nights before she left it was full again.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What're we doing with these cats?! They're bored to tears! I say so with comradery with you, and a feeling that I have failed my cats somehow. They are so bright, and become so bored. Then they pick up things to play with, and I take half of them away because I think what they've chosen is dangerous for them (twist ties, looped pull-tabs off milk bottles, you get the picture). Yes, definitely a guffaw for the sink strainer. That's a beaut.

i am with you! +100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts