·
Super Moderator
26,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
It does look they're having a conversation :lol:

Hey Marie...see how Cinderella's tail is raised when she's looking at Cleo? It means she LIKES her :lol:

·
Super Moderator
26,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doodlebug said:
It does look they're having a conversation :lol:

Hey Marie...see how Cinderella's tail is raised when she's looking at Cleo? It means she LIKES her :lol:
If she didn't like her, what would her tail have been doing?

I was so bummed because I was trying to get a picture of them rubbing noses and I was too late! :D

·
Super Moderator
18,396 Posts
Rubbing noses is a friendly greeting too! Here's a link to a page that explains a whole bunch of stuff on cat communication and includes drawing of tail positions and what they mean.

http://www.messybeast.com/cat_talk2.htm

My cats wrestle a lot, sometimes they get carried away and it gets nasty. There's always a lot of vocalization going on...Maggie sounds like she's getting killed even when it's play. So the way I tell whether it's play or escalating into something nasty is when they break apart for a second or two...if the tails are upright it's play, if they're down and twitching it's nasty...then I usually spray them and it will break things up.

·
Super Moderator
26,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow! My cats don't do that. I guess Cinderella chasing her isn't so bad. And I've only seen her slap Cleo a couple times, and it was "claws-in".

I'll check out the link, thanks! :D

·
Super Moderator
26,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One can only hope. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts