Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guys that keep on giving.

So, last weekend (I think) I noticed National Pet Pharmacy had my By Nature cat food listed for 2.29 instead of 12.29. It's my cheap 'filler' food and is always in my monthly rotation(at least until Book stops eating 2 cans of food per day by himself). I got excited and ordered the 4 cases they had left.

I THOUGHT they'd be close to expiration or something since they were so cheap but I feed 4 cases so fast I wasn't too worried about it. IT would be gone in about 3 weeks.

Three days after I ordered it I got no confirmation and figured they weren't going to honor the typo but when I emailed them they apologized for not processing my order and refunded my entire shipping cost..... with the web page typo it was a little cheaper than my local store...with the refunded shipping it was WAY cheaper.

The items arrived last night so I was shelving them. I checked the expiration dates. They are all 9/14 or later. I set aside all dented cans to feed right away (after checking to make sure they aren't bulging or puffy). Out of 4 cases there were a total of 16 dented cans and about 4 were DEEPLY dented (cans intact but badly beaten up enough I pitched them).

I emailed the company this morning, just to let them know I had a LOT of dented cans. My intention was "hey be more careful with these things" but the response was "We're so sorry, we will send a new case immediately and refund the cost of the 4 badly dented cans." I checked my bank account and sure enough, they refunded me the FULL price of 4 cans not the web page price....

My total for 5 cases of cat food, minus the 4 badly dented cans (so 56 cans of cat food) came to a shocking $.16 (a tiny bit over) for each 6 oz can of cat food.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love getting a good deal. Amazon once emailed me about a "UP TO 50% OFF" metal detector sale. I went and looked. I found one that was around $300.00 for $88.00. I thought "SWEET" and ordered it. On the order page "sign up for an Amazon.com card and get $30.00 off your order, "SWEET". Then with free shipping I wound up paying $50.00.

Later I went back to show a friend, thinking he might do the same. The detector was back up to $160.00. Someone had made a typo!!!!! They honored the price I bought it at though.

I've used it for like 30 minutes, lol. I feel so ashamed.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now you can turn around and sell it to that friends for 75.00 with rights to use it on occasion. :p

Win Win.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts