Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my ragdoll litter has become 4 weeks old! Yesterday they ate their first real meal of food, wich was boiled fish with lots of butter on top! :) They loved it!

Anyway, here they are:

S*Dragonfire Brennan, sealpoint




S*Dragonfire Aislinn, seal lynxpoint bicolor




S*Dragonfire Bronwyn, seal lynxpoint




S*Dragonfire Aidan, blue lynxpoint bicolor




S*Dragonfire Kellin, sealpoint bicolor


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
That first picture of Bronwyn should win an award -- it is too priceless. She is definitely my favorite, but they are all gorgeous. I thought butter was bad for kitties 8O but I guess I don't know anything. Babies need fat! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ForJazz said:
That first picture of Bronwyn should win an award -- it is too priceless. She is definitely my favorite, but they are all gorgeous. I thought butter was bad for kitties 8O but I guess I don't know anything. Babies need fat! lol
I've never heard that! 8O It's worked well for all the kittens I have had, anyway... :?

And yes, Bronwyn IS a real sweetheart! :)

You should see this picture, taken just a few days earlier than those above:

:luv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
dragonfire said:
I've never heard that! 8O It's worked well for all the kittens I have had, anyway... :?
I dunno -- I just thought I heard it. It made sense to me because it's really fatty and it's a dairy product, and most kitties love it but shouldn't have it. But I can see why it might be okay for babies -- they need more fat. But honestly, I have NO idea if that's true or not. If you really want to know what others know about it -- maybe post about it in Health and Nutrition. Let me know if you do -- I'd like to educate myself as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
28,617 Posts
Oh, my! OHHH, MY! This pulls at my heartstrings! They are beyond sweet; they are straight from heaven. I'm especially susceptible right now, because they resemble my Siamese kittens, and I am looking for a kitten or cat now. (My female Siamese died several months ago.) I was hoping to find a grown female and adopt from a shelter, but no luck. So, I want all of your kittens! :heart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ForJazz said:
dragonfire said:
I've never heard that! 8O It's worked well for all the kittens I have had, anyway... :?
I dunno -- I just thought I heard it. It made sense to me because it's really fatty and it's a dairy product, and most kitties love it but shouldn't have it. But I can see why it might be okay for babies -- they need more fat. But honestly, I have NO idea if that's true or not. If you really want to know what others know about it -- maybe post about it in Health and Nutrition. Let me know if you do -- I'd like to educate myself as well.
I figured fat could never be bad for growing kittens (not for any cat, cats are made for eating fat and protein), and butter doesn't have that very much lactose in it as milk and other dairy products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,122 Posts
dragonfire said:
Waht do you say about butter for kittens/cats? Good or bad?
I say it's fine as long as it isn't one of these kinds with lots of salt. Most breeders I know give their kittens butter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
Well there you go. It makes sense that it would be fine for the little ones. I just know I'd never give it to a grown cat if I could help it. :) Fatten those little babies up! They are so cute with their little round tummies.

Jeanie -- I am surprised that there are no siamese kitties in shelters around you, because we get tons. But they tend to go in waves -- so do you think you'll just wait for a while and see if some pop up? Or do you think you'll give in and get a purebred?
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top