Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at our local Humane Society hanging out with the cats in one of the 2 communal rooms that our Humane Society has (live in Champaign, IL). I was standing in the middle of the room, and all of a sudden one of them jumped so high, I couldn't believe it. This adorable white/grey cat named Johnny gave me a big nudge on my face, and I laughed. Then this huge black cat named Freddie (who loves me to pieces) jumped on my lap, purred in my ear, and talked to me with sweet meows. Then I got nudged on the face by a very loving light orange buff cat named Ben. It just goes to show you how much the cats enjoy the time I take to be with them. They need my attention, and they know I want their love.

How do the cats at your humane society react when you come to pay a visit?

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
At two smaller shelters, where the cats were in a communal room, a couple of them were very friendly, but most were busy napping or playing. When I visited the local SPCA, I didn't go in the communal room, so I only saw rows and rows of cages. It's so depressing that I find it hard to go to shelters. I wish I could adopt every one of them.

·
Banned
2,744 Posts
Head bumps, yeah! That's how cats communicate affection -- to humans or to other cats. Even to dogs, in my household! When I offer my forehead to Calvin, he runs over and we bump heads. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just being nudged hard on the face instantly sends a warm fuzzy feeling all over me, and it makes me laugh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts