Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new to this forum. I have some questions about a cat food brand called Nutrience Supreme. Is it a good quality cat food?? I read some messages about cat food in this forum and I never saw anyone talk about Nutrience Supreme. I fed my cats the mix of Nutro and Nutreince Supreme, but I would like to find a better food for my cats. :?:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply, Opokki. However, Nutrience is not on the list of the website you gave me. This brand does not seem popular. :!:

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Nutrience is available in Canada and Gt. Britain. Unfortunately, most of the sites I found were advertisements. This is what the Hagen Co. says of its own product:

Nutrience Dog Food

Nutrience is produced by Hagen, which was founded in 1955 as a one-man operation in Montreal.

Their dry and canned dog food and cat food lines are designed to meet the standards of the AAFCO for a 'complete and balanced' diet for all life stages. Chicken meal, dehydrated chicken and egg protein are their exclusive sources of protein, with the hypoallergenic formula substituting lamb meal. Extruded corn meal and rice are primary carbohydrate sources.

·
Registered
676 Posts
For all of those curious here is the link for the foods formula information.

http://www.hagen.com/uk/cats/nutrience/ ... guide.html

Looking at the ingredients for all of them, it's really not one of the better foods, but certainly not the worst.
They have more corn in it then anything else however, which is a shame.
And the only forumula which has a high enough protein percentage to consider is the Kitten Formula.

I'm slowly building a list of other UK foods, and similar area's. I know I have come across one or two so far that were good.

Hope that link was helpfull for you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all information. As what I said, I'm looking for good quality food for my cats. However, most the best quality brands mentioned in this forum are not available in Canada. The pet food business here is leaded by manufacturer, not customers!!! We only can find the products from the manufacturers who are willling to pay the retailers for put their products on the shelf. :x

·
Registered
676 Posts
Aciddity: lol oh dont' worry it's the same here.

A pet store which sells good foods, is few and far between, and a lot of them do sell it over priced, it's hard to find a perfect one!
The us is controlled by commerical pet foods, which is why I'm SOOO happy BLUE is taking a step further with their promoting of this food, as a commercial food.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts