Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, kinda tricky question here.

We have a cat who, when we got him, had scabs on him, which is supposed to be a normal food allergy. People are all over the map on how to prevent that scabbing, but we tried putting him on Wellness Complete Health Grain Free (WC). He got better. We have a second cat that is doing Purina ONE (PO) Tender Selects. BOTH cats very much prefer the PO.

A year later, we switched the originally scabby cat to PO, to see if the scabs would return. They did not. So something else was going on. But because of his weight, the vet wants his diet restricted. So he is fed a set amount every day.

The question is whether that set amount should be identical for the two foods. WC has somewhat more nutrients.

Crude Protein, Crude Fat, Crude Fiber
WC >40%, >18%, <4%
PO >34%, >15%, <2% (sorry, this forum doesn't handle tables competently)

To get an equivalent diet, should we be offering this cat ~15% more PO every day than he used to get with the WC? Now that he is on the PO, he seems hungrier.

Half of the food they BOTH get is wet food. This one dry food serving is what we're talking about.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Finding the right food for every cat can be difficult, as it depends on the health, activity and age of the cat. I really can't recommend any particular brand, but I can give you a link on cat nutrition that I consider excellent advice.

https://catinfo.org/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.