Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feed my cats with Nutro Natural Choice pouches. I noticed that on the adult pouch, it says (on the bottom of the pouch) that it's for adults 6months - 6 years (or something like that - I don't have it with me right now). The question is, why is it only up to 6 years? They should have a different diet after age of 6 years?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's it! You are right! :) I wasn't thinking about it. :D

I looked at their web site and they consider the cat senior when she/he is 7+ years old. 1-6 is adult.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
All of that age stuff is just a pure marketing gimmick. It doesn't mean anything. There are only two standards for making cat food that *all* of them have to comply with: kitten/lactating and adult. They are making all of this other stuff up.

Think about it! In the wild, cats eat the exact same thing from weaning till they die. They don't eat zebras until they're three, then wildebeest for a couple of years, then sprinbok for the later years. They eat what they catch, whenever they catch it.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drjean said:
Think about it! In the wild, cats eat the exact same thing from weaning till they die. They don't eat zebras until they're three, then wildebeest for a couple of years, then sprinbok for the later years.
:D:D:D

Thank you Dr. Jean!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
drjean said:
There are only two standards for making cat food that *all* of them have to comply with: kitten/lactating and adult. They are making all of this other stuff up.
I always figured this but anyhow thanks for clarifying that. I occasionally feed my cats the purple senior pouch though... :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts