Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
well, Sasha was having some problems with going to the bathroom too much on her other food, so we switced her to Nutro Natural for kittens, under the advice of my vet. her bowel movements have gotten much less frequent and much less smelly, and that is good. was just wondering what you guys thought of the food? any good things or bad things? thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
I think it is a good food. I have used it when I run out of Felidae and have to wait for my next case. Stix especially loves the gravy. I don't use it often enough to notice big changes but I would still choose it over any other food in Petco/Petsmart.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I started my kitties out with Nutro Natural choice dry food but have since switched to Chicken Soup because I felt it was overall better and also costs me less. I do think Nutro is a pretty good food though! All 3 of my cats eat and LOVE the Nutro pouches wet food...they swarm around me like vultures as soon as they see it come out of the cupboard. :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
It's an ok food, not the best but ok. Very over priced considering whats in it. But it's better then say Friskies or Meow Mix :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
sentimentalgirl: pfft my cats go crazy for any of the pouched foods, though.. it does seem more appiteizing then regular wet food MUSH.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
My cats love those pouched foods. They make sure to lick all that gravy up too. I give this to them as nightly treats. :lol:

·
Registered
237 Posts
my kitties love them too... and i usually have to add more water/chicken broth since they love lapping up the liquid! i do the same with canned cat food since there's no gravy, and they love it too!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I had been feeding my kids purina dry food (Senior Cat Chow, Purina One Senior, and Purina One Adult) products, but after reading all this advice about food I decided to try something better. There are too many options! I went to petsmart and bought some of the Nutro Natural Wet Food pouches and a bag of the dry food. (They free feed now and I don't want to completely switch them off of that, in case I am late getting home). They both LOVE the wet food! Unfortunatly, the dry food seems to be a disappointment. They won't even touch it, except to move it out of the way to get to the purina food (they both prefer the purina one senior). Is Purina that bad for them? Is there a dry food other than nutro natural that is okay for free feeding? (Kitty is 10 an overweight, Thomas is 1 and perfect size).

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Kitty's Mom said:
Is Purina that bad for them?
Well, I blame it for the onset of Sabby's diabetes. He ate Purina Cat Chow his whole life. I thought it was a good brand because it was made by Purina.

Of course, the food is only one factor. I free-fed even when he got fat so I'm to blame as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts