Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All her life, Lizzy has had an odd growth on one of her pads. The best way I can describe it is a horny growth. But the really odd thing is, I can break/clip it off and it doesn't bother her at all (except when I have to hold on to her paw to clip it off).

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

-Chelle

·
Registered
12 Posts
My cat gets little scab type things that if you break off he doesn't seem to mind about. But definitely not that bad. My cat's are just kind of like callous type things.
Maybe you should let the vet run a test on it?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is she declawed? If not it looks like an ingrown nail to me. I heard that some cats get that.... you never know!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, she still has all her claws. And it's not on one of her toe pads; it's on the back side of her wrist. I do think the other's are right, it's probably just a callous. I normally forget all about it then after about 6 months I'll notice that it's gotten large again and clip it off.

Next time she goes in for her shots, if I remember, I'll ask about it.

-Chelle

·
Registered
365 Posts
Yes I have seen that. It appears to be hyperkeratosis. It is almost like how humans get corns on their feet. It is an abnormal growth of that tissue in that area. I can answer more questions if you like, just ask.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bengalsownme said:
Yes I have seen that. It appears to be hyperkeratosis. It is almost like how humans get corns on their feet. It is an abnormal growth of that tissue in that area. I can answer more questions if you like, just ask.
Thanks for the info.

-Chelle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts