Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Smokey has been pooping behind the TV in the living room at night only at night. I have cleaned it well and blocked it off, so he pooped in the floor beside that spot.

I'm thinking of making him stay in my room at night and getting a box for my room. But I hate to restrict him to one room at night. He & Loki love to play in the living room at night and jump from couch to table to couch etc. They both go bed hopping at night and run around like crazy in the kitchen.:eek:rcat:eek:rcat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No litter box in the living room yet I am going to get one and try putting it right where he is pooping behind the tv. Carpet shampooer with Bissel pet cleaner stuff in it. I only have one box right now I was told to get another that every cat should have it's own.

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Has he always done this, or did it start recently? I think I've read that the first thing to do if a cat is pooping outside of the litterbox is to make sure there's nothing wrong medically.

One of my cats started to poop occasionally right by the front door a few years ago. When I made that impossible, she pooped beside the couch. Then she moved to my BED (now I keep the door closed).

I always knew, even if I couldn't yet see or smell the poop, because she would pull up tufts of carpet or leave nice claw marks in my comforter or bedspread as she tried to cover it up. Is your floor carpeted? For the spot near the couch, I bought a cheap, small kitchen rug and put it over the nice rug. She didn't like the texture and stopped pooping there.

Maybe that would help?

·
Registered
978 Posts
No litter box in the living room yet I am going to get one and try putting it right where he is pooping behind the tv. Carpet shampooer with Bissel pet cleaner stuff in it. I only have one box right now I was told to get another that every cat should have it's own.
You may need to get a different cleaner to remove the smell. You may not be able to smell it, but the cats can. It needs to be an enzymatic cleaner such as the following:

Nature's Miracle Lemon Scented Stain & Odor Remover Spray at PETCO
Bissell Pawsitively Clean Ewww Enzyme-Powered Pet Stain & Odor Remover at PETCO

Generally speaking, 1 box per cat is a good idea if they won't share which could be the case.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Nature's Miracle has worked very well for me with pee problems... I haven't tried it on poo but I assume that would be even easier to eliminate unless the stool was runny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts