Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'll see you in a few days, me and my bf are going to Vegas! Can't wait to leave and not be working. I really want to go on a roller coaster there but my bf isn't that fond of them.... Also wanted to go to California but we'll only be there for 2 days so we'll just stay in Vegas. Hope to win some money while out there but if not at least Im not at work, hehe :wink:

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Have a great time!
Let me give u some advice, well sorta. When i was in blackpool i passed up the chance to go on the pepsimax rollercoaster (the biggest in the uk) because my bf doesnt like them and wouldnt go on it with me. Afterwards when i got home i regreted it so much because i dont know when, if ever i will get the chance again. If i were you i would go it alone! Otherwise im sure you will wish you went on it later.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have fun... win the rest of us some money while you're there ok?

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Sounds like fun! I would like to get to Vegas sometime. Not much of a gambler, but I would love to see the shows.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Annissa said:
I'm jealous, too. I was supposed to get married there yesterday. We had to postpone. :(
Oh, how sad! What happened?

After I saw that movie Honeymoon in Vegas, I always wanted to get married there. I know it is a silly movie, but I love Nick Cage and actually liked the movie.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Our apartment flooded and we had to move. It was horrible. The apartment had flooded five times previously, but only very slightly, and all the management would do is send some guy in with a shop vac to suck it up. And even then it was still sopping wet. I nearly wore out my carpet shampooer cleaning that place. Then we actually had a major flood (we were declared a disaster area and two people died). I was up to my ankles in backed-up sewer. And since it was a natural disaster, management refused to do anything about it (the same management who was trying to blackmail me into cleaning outside my apartment). It was nasty, it smelled bad, and we had mold growing in the carpets and up the walls. The apartment flooded two more times before we moved out. I cleaned the apartment, but I left the bedroom sopping wet. I lost my computer and a bookcase in the flood. I should've thrown out my entertainment center, but those are expensive and I was already out tons of money.

But it's OK. We're going to get married in August now (hopefully we won't have to postpone again). My sister has made my bouquet and I have my dress and I'll get to get married in the church I went to when I was growing up. And that's good. :)

Back to Vegas, though...
I highly recommend Hotel San Remo. That's where I was going to have my wedding. My planner, Vanda, when she found out why I had to cancel, refunded all of my money and said that if I ever made it to Vegas, that I should call her and she'd hook me up with a suite and get me tickets to a show.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Did you consult an attorney, Annissa? The landlord might not be responsible for the flood, but he was responsible for renting an apartment that was not up to standard. :(

I'm glad you're getting married in your church. I think it will be a more memorable occasion for you. Vegas would be fun, but getting married in your own church is special. Vegas will make a great place for a honeymoon, though!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I studied law in college (though I didn't finish), so I wrote in legalese that they should have disclosed the fact that the apartment had flooded in the past and that I had proof of it. I didn't want to get into a legal battle with these people because I have seen their record. Liars and cheaters, the whole lot. Luckily, I got my deposit back in full and that's more than I expected out of them. In that same letter I let them know that I would be letting any of my friends know not to rent from them. So far they've lost at least one client because of me, or should I say, because of their treatment of me.

Anyway, back to the thread. I'm sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Annissa,

Im happy to hear that there should be no more delays to your wedding. I'm sure Vegas will be a fun place to go, whether vacation, weddings or honeymoon.

I had lots of fun there and thankfully did pretty well there. I ate at alot of GOOD restaurants.... and walking the strip tired my feet out ALOT. I'll check out the San Remo next time I go there, thanks! :wink:

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you ever do decide to visit California here is a tip:

Make it Northern California, Southern California's weather is NOT enjoyable at all, unless its Northern Southern California :lol: .

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I guess we all have different tastes. I thought the weather in Southern California was wonderful! We did go as far north as San Francisco, and the weather was nice the one day we were there. We wanted to take a train trip across the Sierra Nevadas and Rockies on the way home, because we had taken the southern tour on the way to California.

The tour bus driver said that San Francisco is normally chilly and damp. Either way, it's a beautiful city, and if you go a bit farther north you can see the redwood forest. I know what Tony Bennett means when he sings about leaving his heart there! It really left an impression on me. We went through Reno on the way home, and the lights were very colorful, but I'm sure it can't compare to Las Vegas!

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
California has really nice weather and next time I'm going shopping on Melrose....I want to go to Reno too, it sounds very pretty there and I'd be able to see snow too, something that doesn't happen down here in Tx. :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts