Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a little touch and go for us here, but I feel comfortable introducing to you all my three little stooges- Skylar ( female buff tabby), Kaitlyn (female tortishell), and Zane (male orange tiger)!

These little monsters are about a month old. Zane is 31 days old, and his two little sisters, who miraculously survived a late birth 2 days later, are 29 days old. Their big brother, Ryleigh, passed suddenly a few days ago, r.i.p but I'm doing all I can to ensure these guy's health. The vet is practically their second home! The whole staff knows them. LOL

Their mama is an FIV positive, very ill stray that birthed in our garden, so we've nursed her and the babies back to health (well, semi-health for mama) but pulled the kittens off of her early. We started bottle feeding at 3 weeks and they're doing great, thankfully. I hated to do it, but they were pulling mama down badly. My Chiweenie dog has taken over as their surrogate mama. hahaha

PREPARE FOR CUTE OVERLOAD.

Kaitlyn is everyone's favorite because of her beautiful coloring. She will be longhaired and seems to have persian in her. What a lovebug but dang she is FAST and persistent when she wants to come out and play!!!

(she looks like a wild lion cub! haha)

Skylar is definitely the feistiest of the group. She fought the hardest about being a bottle baby, she attacks her siblings in their sleep, she has no problem hissing at vets, me, dogs, or her toys, and spitting at us, and she plays with EVERYTHING at only a month old!

ZANE is literally the most photogenic little chub chub ever. Check out these pictures!

I hope you've enjoyed the pictures of my little devils!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Cuteness Overload!:D
Great Pictures, Precious Babies!:D

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Oh my, I got a bit of flashback moments when my two were tiny (though not as tiny as these kitties), lol. They are so lovely to look at!:love2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awwww! Your little Skylar is exactly what I imagined my cat Toru looked like when she was a kitten lol. So adorable, and all so uniquely different from the other. Can't wait to see photos as they grow up!

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Skylar: :luv The cutest little buff fuzzball!
Zane: :luv Look at the tummy spots!!!! OMG. The pic of him in the sun is to die for.
Kaitlyn: :luv That little stripe right down the middle of her nose is precious.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all! They're a ton of fun and love their porch playtime. Otherwise they live in the bathtub or large dog crate because I have a giant, very excitable dog thst isn't good with babies, a big black cat who hasnt seen another cat in 4 years, and birds xD recipe for disaster!

Kaitlyn just started lapping milk from a bowl. They're all so funny. I feed 4 x a day and they know my voice. If they hear me all 3 squeal at the top of their lungs and battle to be first to eat.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
KeepingHope,
How is everyone doing? Update please!
(((HUGS))) for you!
All Paws Crossed for babies!
Sharon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OI, sorry I've been horrible about updates! I have been studying for finals for the past few weeks and the last weeks of school are always hectic. I'll be done on Monday!

The kittens are fabulous. They turn eight weeks old on Sunday (Zane) and Tuesday (the ladies.) They're all flea and worm free now and so have been allowed to have full-house privileges after meals 3x a day for about an hour, and they are so funny! It doesn't even matter that they don't have a mama to teach them normal kitty things, they do everything our full grown cat does. They love pestering my poor small dogs (keeping them away from my big boy though) and racing each other around the house, over the couch, up the cat tower....ALL DAY. I can't believe they're already 8 weeks old. We still haven't found any adopters but they'll be ready to go in about 2 weeks to people who understand the possibility of FIV and are willing to test them. Otherwise they'll stay with me til 4 months to be tested, but then they're less adoptable because of their size.

They're all eating wet food and are starting to sample dry food. Zane insists that he's a dog and should eat the dog food though so we have to watch him! hahaha.

I'll take and share some videos/pictures after finals on Monday. They're getting so big!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
KeepingHope,
YAY! Thanks for the update!
Will be looking forward to some pictures!
Good Luck with your Finals!:)
Sharon

·
Registered
50 Posts
I cannot handle cuteness of this magnitude!

Zane's cuteness might give me a reason to make my wife mad at me. I must have an orange cat now!

That's a very adorable furry family you got there. I hope they all pull through all the medical issues just fine. My prayers go out to you and your family.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldn't resist pictures today! Ignore any glimpses of me, I'm sick as heck right now. lol

This is from about 2 weeks ago.
http://vid1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/asylumescapee95/Growing Up 004_zpspd3i3grw.mp4

And this video is from a few minutes ago!
http://vid1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/asylumescapee95/Growing Up 027_zpshx55adtk.mp4

BotanyBlack- ROAD TRIP! Come get her!!! hahaha. I'm so worried about what kinds of homes these little angels (devils) are going to go to.

I love having a rainbow of kittens- most of the others I've rescued have been black, which is fine, but I'm in LOVE with Skylar's Buff Tabby color.

Miss Kaitlyn:

"Ew mom, not in front of the camera!"

She really reminds me of a little doll with her face and silky long hair. She's a total lover too, will just come up to your lap, nuzzle you, and start purring unlike her hooligan brother and sister. She also quietly entertains herself with pipecleaners and balls while the other two destroy the house. LOL. She was the runt and is still leaner than the others but she is 100% healthy so far. I call her "Squatty Body" because she's got short legs and a flatter face. I'm thinking maybe she has Persian in there.

Zane, or "Zaney Wayney". He's a total sweetie and he follows his sisters into trouble constantly. hahaha. Beautiful coat and big eyes, and his favorite toy is a little jack that he found. He is very protective of his food though...hahaha. He isn't past growling at his sisters to protect his meal.

He's gonna be a BIG boy! Already over 2 lbs.

"EW SHE KISSED MY FACE. DID YOU SEE THAT. My buds better not be watching...."

Skylar!!! She is the epitome of "cat." hahaha. She does what she wants when she wants and is as brave as all get out. She isn't one for cuddling but she LOVES to play with me. She has no fear of the dogs and will chase my poor pomeranian all over the house trying to engage him in play. He's 12 and very peeved at me for bringing more critters in the house...LOL. But he's ever the gentleman to her as she eats his tail. She was the first to explore the rest of the house, the first on the cat tower, the first to try dry food....go Skylar! haha

Kitty Sammich!!!!

They all get along together really well and they're so much fun! They're my stress reliever during finals. lol. And now that their diet is sorted out we're not really having any potty problems, thank goodness. They go in at the end of the week for their first vaccinations. Shhhh :thumb

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
KeepingHope,
You have done an exceptional job with these guys! Bless you!
Absolutely Adorable! :D
Sharon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh poor baby! She's absolutely beautiful. I love torti color and I'm really curious what Kaitlyn will end up looking like as an adult. It's so interesting to me because she looked coal black when she was born and hardly even moving....and as she got older orange, yellow, beige, and white started to appear. I love her little paw!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts