Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone these days is good and smart enough to no longer consider themselves "owners" of animals. Rather, everyone is a Pet-Parent. The term is becoming more and more common, replacing "owner" (as if anyone can OWN a living being - sure, most times you 'pay for them', but you 'pay' for babies at the hospital, too, lol.)

Well, in my house, Drizzle's my Little Boy, and I've Adopted Boo as my Little Girl. (I was just her Uncle, lol.) Like Wise, Vice-Versa, my Sister is Boo's "Mommy" and she's adopted Drizzle as her little boy. Well, my Mom of course, is GRAMMY! And oh how Drizzle and Boo LOVE THEIR GRAMMY!

:D

Grammy's room is an off-limits area, well, I doubt that'll last long. Every night, and every morning (usually, more in the morning) my Little Drizzle Baby will sit there outside her door and Cry and Cry and Cry and Cry for his Grammy. He doesn't cry at just closed doors - only doors closed where he thinks someones behind them. It's adorable and smart. No crying at Closets or anything, but the Powder Room where Grammy changes from her Work Clothes, and Grammy's bed room? Cry Cry Cry! Hehehe.

Boo Kitty always runs up the stairs like the little scampering minx she is as soon as she hear's Grammy's door open. Gives a Kitty Hug and then promptly leads the way down stairs. Hehe.

It's so adorable, seeing as my Mom was once Ms. "Ahh! Ahh! Fury Animal! I'm alergic! Ahh!" and now she had two such animals loving her, and her loving them back. Hehehe.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
What a cute story!

As for being the owner of a cat....well.

I don't consider myself Sabastion's mom. That just seems wrong to me, especially since I was 11 years old when I got him. He's more my friend than anything. However, when I was confronted with a tyrannical apartment manager who threatened his removal he quickly became my "property." Her removal of my cat would constitute theft as my cat is legally owned by me.

Off topic, I adore that picture of Drizzle. He's one of my favorite avatars!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts