Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had Envy spayed yesterday, and I was definately not prepared for what awaited me when I picked her up. She was crying like mad, and her back legs were so wobbly she could barely walk, she slept all day yesterday, but the worst part is how much they shaved her! My beautiful baby was shaved allmost halfway up her sides as well as her belly! Even the knee part of her legs got shaved! She's not wobbly anymore today but oh how it hurts to see her gorgeous fur shaved!

·
Registered
562 Posts
When I was little, our female cat got spayed and I still remember the bare little shaved belly! When she sat down, her knees were shaved and she looked like she had on little boots.

Don't worry, her beautiful fur will grow back quickly and she'll be good as new! Just take comfort in knowing that this will all be worth while in the long run.

Poor little naked kitty!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Poor Envy!
I think it's harder on us when our furbabies have surgery than it is on them!!

When my Stormy was spayed they also had to repair a hernia she was born with, what a long incision she had. But after a day she was like nothing happened, but I worried for a few days!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Ohhh...get well soon, Envy!!!! (and Payge!!) :lol: She will be as good as new in no time. 2 years ago, my mom's cat,Prince, swallowed 2 marbles 8O 8O They were the big ones, so the vet had to remove them surgically. By the time he opened Prince up, they were already in his intestine, so he had to open up part of his intestine, too 8O Prince's entire stomach was naked, and he had an incision from top to bottom 8O He was recovered WAY before we were :roll:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Poor little girl. She will be fine in few days, you will see. Our cats got spayed at the same time (they are sisters) and they were fine within 1-2 days. And her fur will grow back soon! :) I know, it looks weird when they are shaved. I was very scared when I brought our cats home and opened the carrier! :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Yuck, I dread that day too... but it has to be done. Going to get Sam fixed first since we're not sure if we're going to take a litter on Suzy in a year or not. But I'm glad I'm not there yet.

Get well sweet kitty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts